Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why so long for the club statement?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We’ve been decimated. Unbelievable that the yank at Chelsea who knows bugger all about football is allowed to do this another club. I’m absolutely gutted and feel for TB and PB (unless they are going too).

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I still wish him well, even after all of it, but he’s cleaned us out. The entire coaching team. I can only hope that whoever’s coming in can bring their own gang with them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I must admit - Bloom has ****ed up with this won’t stand in your way thing. The floodgates were always going to open given there is no loyalty within football

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
£21m - we've been mugged. We risk losing far more than that by finishing lower down the table at the end of the season. Just hope our much acclaimed 'succession planning' is as good we we've been assured.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I must admit - Bloom has ****ed up with this won’t stand in your way thing. The floodgates were always going to open given there is no loyalty within football

I'm not sure what he could have done. Contracts would have notice periods, but would you really stand in the way of someone like Bruno? It's incredibly disappointing, but I don't think there are many other realistic options.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm not sure what he could have done. Contracts would have notice periods, but would you really stand in the way of someone like Bruno? It's incredibly disappointing, but I don't think there are many other realistic options.

Because it’s soft. Started with Dan Burn and snowballed from there because the precedent was set.

And if key staff so quickly walk on mass it tells me everything is not as rosy as we’d like to be told.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world

This. Reality is, however well we are playing or however well the club is set up, they'd all rather be at Chelsea.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Once a Seagull, Always a Seagull!! ("that is unless you can treble my wage packet, in which case i'm ****ing right off ASAP and will ALWAYS be Chelsea through and through")

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Very hard to tell just now though isn't it?

Everyone in football is aiming to climb the pyramid. Unless you're going to work for a club at the very top, part of your decision about whether to go to a club is based on whether the move will help you on that journey.

As much as it might look like shooting himself in the foot, not standing in the way of exceptional staff moving on (if valuations/contractual conditions are met) is a masterstroke if it means the next players/coaches/analysts are the cream of the crop, destined for the top and they choose to come to us BECAUSE they know if they earn it, they will get their move.

It's going to take a long time for Brighton to become the absolute pinnacle of a top player or manager's career, so until that happens (realistically/probably never), we have to be an attractive stop-off for them on their 'journey'.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very hard to tell just now though isn't it?

Everyone in football is aiming to climb the pyramid. Unless you're going to work for a club at the very top, part of your decision about whether to whether to go to a club is based on whether the move will help you on that journey.

As much as it might look like shooting himself in the foot, not standing in the way of exceptional staff moving on (if valuations/contractual conditions are met) is a masterstroke if it means the next players/coaches/analysts are the cream of the crop, destined for the top and they choose to come to us BECAUSE they know if they earn it, they will get their move.

It's going to take a long time for Brighton to become the absolute pinnacle of a top player or manager's career, so until that happens (realistically/probably never), we have to be an attractive stop-off for them on their 'journey'.

It hurts short term, but I think this is correct.

Brighton should now be seen as an absolutely superb place for top talents (both players and staff) to prove themselves prior to a move to the "big time".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here