Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why so long for the club statement?

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I would have thought the £21m would be for Potter and the team he brought with him, not for any of the pre-Potter Albion staff.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
[tweet]1567873844429332480[/tweet]

It was reported that GP's release clause was 16m plus 1m per backroom staff.

uh oh.

"Invested in the Brighton model", WTF is that supposed to mean? Spaffing £250 million+ on signings seems very much not the Brighton model.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The first thing we will see is Potter holding a Chelsea shirt up, then our statement will follow.

Frustrating that the whole process of this is dictated by Chelsea's timescales.

but it's not just potter is it , they are reporting that 3 or 4 of the dressing room are of with him which is going to leave us in a right old pickle ffs.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Because compensation was reported at £16m plus 1m for each member of staff, to get up to 21m they pretty much have to be taking every senior member of coaching staff available.

So i make that 19m for Potter and the other 3 or 20m for Potter, the other 3 and Bruno.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
what makes any of you think that Bruno is going too?

I can only think that the speculation about Bruno and Roberts is based on the new figure of £21m.

That sounds completely wrong to me. Much more likely that the initial reporting of £16m was inaccurate or didn’t include add ons

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here