Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why on earth is Darren Ferguson getting slated on here??

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
and how many times were those promotions out of the championship?
all he's shown is that he is average/poor at championship level (pne & all the pboro relegations) but is good at getting 1 team promoted out of league 1. we aren't in league 1, and we aren't peteborough, so why would we want him?

How many times has Di Matteo been promoted out of the Championship? Or Gus?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
*Double promotion at tiny provincial club.
*Third promotion on his return.
*Very small budget - a tiny fraction of ours.
*Has connections/could get loan players from Manchester United.
*Has learnt directly from the best British manager of all time.
*Has been proven to get the best out of Craig Mackail-Smith.

I can't believe he is being slated for being relegated. They had a huge points total for relegation, and he did incredibly well (did I mention their very small budget) to even keep them in the running. With the sort of money we have he could work absolute wonders.

This place is ridiculous sometimes.

Thank you! Some idiots are mentioning O'Neill and Coppell :eek:

Ferguson please Mr.Bloom!

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

How many times has Di Matteo been promoted out of the Championship? Or Gus?

Once. Di Matteo got West Brom promoted in 2009/10.

edit: In an ideal world, Ferguson would be a bit too 'small time' for us. Maybe that's my unrealistic expectations though. Certainly his teams tend to be pretty good going forwards, but naff defensively. He's not someone that jumps out at me as particularly deserving of a bigger job though.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
If we had never known about Gus Poyet the player then we would all be thinking that Bloom was mental when he appointed him!

Moyes has always worked well on a small budget and has just been appointed at a club with one of the biggest budgets in Europe. He also has won nothing with Everton. I am not comparing ourselves with Man U but just because they haven't done a similar job before doesn't mean that they can't do it now.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I personally don't think he is a name that will convince Dave or Bridders etc.. to stay, or get the likes of Bridge and Upson to sign. We need to be thinking bigger than someone who may be able to get the odd player from man utd. U19's because of his Dad.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Record in the Championship (by my calculations with Peterborough and Preston North End)

[table="width: 500, class: grid]
[tr]
[td]Club[/td]
[td]Played[/td]
[td]Won[/td]
[td]Drawn[/td]
[td]Lost[/td]
[td]Win Percentage[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Peterborough - 2009-10[/td]
[td]18[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]6[/td]
[td]10[/td]
[td]11.11%[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Preston North End - 2009-10[/td]
[td]23[/td]
[td]6[/td]
[td]7[/td]
[td]10[/td]
[td]26.08%[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Preston North End - 2010-11[/td]
[td]22[/td]
[td]5[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]13[/td]
[td]22.73%[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Peterborough - 2011-12[/td]
[td]46[/td]
[td]13[/td]
[td]11[/td]
[td]22[/td]
[td]28.23%[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Peterborough - 2012-13[/td]
[td]46[/td]
[td]15[/td]
[td]9[/td]
[td]22[/td]
[td]32.61%[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Total[/td]
[td]155[/td]
[td]41[/td]
[td]37[/td]
[td]77[/td]
[td]26.45%[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Yes he's had a small budget at a smaller club, but it's hardly a great record is it?

Also seems like a horrid man, but that perception could change.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
If we had never known about Gus Poyet the player then we would all be thinking that Bloom was mental when he appointed him!

Moyes has always worked well on a small budget and has just been appointed at a club with one of the biggest budgets in Europe. He also has won nothing with Everton. I am not comparing ourselves with Man U but just because they haven't done a similar job before doesn't mean that they can't do it now.

moyes has never had the opportunity to manage a big club - he has over-performed with little money in the premier league
ferguson has had the opportunity to manage a club in the championship and blew it every time - he has only ever over-performed in league 1
you cant gloss over the fact he was managing a PNE team that previously had been in the playoffs, and then made them shit

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you exclude TV money (which distorts everything), this club is probably in the top 20 biggest professional sports clubs in the country in terms of turnover. In order for us to stay that way and progress, we are going to need to attract some high quality players. I just don't see that DF will be able to do that.

And then there's the wife beating thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here