Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why not bring on Steele for the shout out?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why not bring on Steele for the shoot out?

I’m disappointed De Zerbi didn’t have the balls to change Sanchez for Steele in extra time.

Steele had a great record stopping penalties, I don’t think Sanchez has ever saved one, so why not make the obvious swap?
Sanchez saved one earlier this season. Of course it was parried right out to the feet of the taker to slot in the goal at the second attempt, but he saved the penalty!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Chelsea did the equivalent …. and lost.
This! And you look a right bunch of numpties if you change the keeper and he doesn’t save any or makes a mistake.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Why not bring on Steele for the shoot out?

I’m disappointed De Zerbi didn’t have the balls to change Sanchez for Steele in extra time.

Steele had a great record stopping penalties, I don’t think Sanchez has ever saved one, so why not make the obvious swap?
On paper yes. On grass no. I think despite I rate Steele far more he isnt in the game frame of mind. He hasnt moved his body and really warmed up. Was right call to keep Sanchez on. Remember subs have to be on before the final whistle. Steele on in final couple mins wouldve been a high risk. He wouldnt have mentally been up to the speed of the game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
This was worth a go. We’d have more chance with someone picked out of the crowd in goal for penalties. Before the game, it felt like a case of who would make fewer mistakes between Sanchez and De Gea. They both have appalling records on penalties, so it was obvious during extra time that a shootout would rely on players missing. It’s bizarre for two great shot-stoppers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here