Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why No Uwe

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Firstly, Greer didn't know what was going to happen as he slid in - sliding in is a risk, as you lose control, but you don't know you're going to take the player out. Secondly, many people think it shouldn't have been a penalty, and that it wouldn't usually be given, suggesting that it's closer to 50% of the time that it would be a spot kick, not 99%.

...as you lose control? That's a penalty right there then for dangerous and foul play. I rest my case.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
You don't have to take the player out to give a penalty, anywhere remotely near can result in a triple sulko, running close to someone is taking a risk!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
...as you lose control? That's a penalty right there then for dangerous and foul play.
So when a defender or keeper jumps in the air, that's a penalty too is it (since they lose some control once they're in the air)?
I rest my case.
Do you promise? Not much of a case is it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Uwe also nearly kicked the head off a player away at Ipswich when he was on a yellow CH was so worried he'd be sent off he replaced him with Dunk at half time.

Yep, I remember that.

So all three of our CBs have been guilty of bad fouls, which could or did, give away penalties.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was against Bristol. Here's the match report.
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/index.aspx?matchid=3833239

Greer went off injured, Uwe came on and felled Freeman but he was booked for diving. I do believe there was contact and we were lucky to get away with it.

Fair enough, thought it was Bruno, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, it wasn't reckless as such.

As you say all are capable of giving away fouls.

As per my earlier post the inclusion of Austin tonight is a massive test for Dunk and also Greer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So when a defender or keeper jumps in the air, that's a penalty too is it (since they lose some control once they're in the air)?

Are you deliberately being obtuse?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here