Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why No Uwe

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wouldnt expect him to start tomorrow ahead of Dunk who had a good game at Derby. CH could have the hump with Greer for that senseless challenge and could make the change

I would eat my proverbial hat if GG doesn't play tomorrow, he is the rock the defence is built around, and our talisman.

To answer the OP's question though, Uwe doesn't have to worry, he will be back, it's a long hard season, and most, if not all, of our squad will be needed at some point.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
As Wookie has said, we need to protect Calde, so it's Dunk. Greer is skipper & we play better as a team with him.
Dunk is better in the air than the German.
Greer and Dunk are both better players than Uwe. I love his commitment but he seems easier to get past and less good on the ball.

No brainer for me all the time our number one pairing stay fit.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would eat my proverbial hat if GG doesn't play tomorrow, he is the rock the defence is built around, and our talisman.

To answer the OP's question though, Uwe doesn't have to worry, he will be back, it's a long hard season, and most, if not all, of our squad will be needed at some point.

I'm hoping Goldson is given a chance as well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But not as good on the ground and less likely to provide cover than Uwe IMO. Dunk is just as likely to be wandering off somewhere else, when he should be covering.

I'm afraid for all the positive things he brings, he is a disaster waiting to happen. We look more solid with Uwe in my mind.

On the contrary Dunk is more mobile than Uwe. He had a good game at Derby.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On the contrary Dunk is more mobile than Uwe. He had a good game at Derby.

See I genuinely just thought Dunk was just ok. Great block on the Ince shot, but his cross-field pass lost possession practically 90% of the time.

Mobility wise, hmmm!

Good news we are undefeated with both of them! [emoji2]

Dec 29, 2011
Dunk was our MOTM at Derby. Derby fans I've seen have raved about him too. Can justify dropping him after some games this season, but certainly not the last one.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Dunk's range of passing is not to be forgotten, particularly the long diagonals to wingers. Neither Greer or Uwe can do this. The ability to quickly spring an attack and switch play is a huge advantage.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
But not as good on the ground and less likely to provide cover than Uwe IMO. Dunk is just as likely to be wandering off somewhere else, when he should be covering.

Apart from when he wandered back to cover and block Tom Ince in probably the tackle of the match when Ince did his mad back pass.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
I also feel a bit sorry for Goldson, I think he was brought in with the intention of more first team action.

It's just unfortunate we've had all our injuries to wingers and left backs.
Also, we are never comfortable enough in a game to give anyone a run out.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Apart from when he wandered back to cover and block Tom Ince in probably the tackle of the match when Ince did his mad back pass.

Yes as I pointed out earlier in the thread. Arguably tackle of the season let alone the match, though weigh that up with the lunge vs MK.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I like Uwe - he is good in the air and very calm. I just think CH is reluctant to pair him and Greer as neither has much pace. Dunk is expert at recovery and last-ditch saving tackles which his younger more athletic frame allow.

PG

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I like Uwe - he is good in the air and very calm. I just think CH is reluctant to pair him and Greer as neither has much pace. Dunk is expert at recovery and last-ditch saving tackles which his younger more athletic frame allow.

PG

That was his preferred pairing until Uwe's recent injury.
He's only just fit again & CH obviously feels Dunk hasn't deserved to lose his place

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex

PG
Trouble is that Dunk has to make a number of last ditch tackles because the forward has either turned him or caught him slightly out of position Dunk often repairing damage of his own making. Uwe defends higher up and stops things from happening. Wonder if Uwe would be a better bet for the 'shut up shop' substitution than Ince? But yes Dunk was very impressive on Saturday - seriously, we ought to get Sami back to work with Dunk for a few days

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes as I pointed out earlier in the thread. Arguably tackle of the season let alone the match, though weigh that up with the lunge vs MK.

Uwe also could have conceded a penalty in an earlier home game by sweeping the player's legs away. I think it was in the Bristol game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here