Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why no Lita - again?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Blime! A far more considered effort than your first go. But aren't these statements from your first and last emails completely contradictory-"he went missing for most of it" and "I get the graft/ heart/ endeavour and effort he puts in and the hold up play is great".

Sorry, but for all your latter-day explanations, I bet deep down you were gutted when Barnes scored that penalty against Blackburn the other week so you could really kick off about him.

He had 3 shots all game, my point is around one thing and that's scoring goals as a centre forward. Trusts me if Barnes starts knocking in more goals I will change my opinion on him as a forward. I will always be happy if we are getting wins. The irony of all of this is that I just want what I feel is best for the team and feel we are missing a trick leaving Lita on the bench at the moment. If Barnes wants to play midfield then why not do that then everyone is happy!!!

Last edited:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
He had 3 shots all game, my point is around one thing and that's scoring goals as a centre forward. Trusts me if Barnes starts knocking in more goals I will change my opinion on him as a forward. I will always be happy if we are getting wins. The irony of all of this is that I just want what I feel is best for the team and feel we are missing a trick leaving Lita on the bench at the moment. If Barnes wants to play midfield then why not do that then everyone is happy!!!

Barnes does exactly what Oscar tells him to. If you have a beef, put Oscar in your sights, not Barnes.

Oh hang on a minute, Oscar is probably about to win manager of the month.......

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Barnes does exactly what Oscar tells him to. If you have a beef, put Oscar in your sights, not Barnes.

Oh hang on a minute, Oscar is probably about to win manager of the month.......

Its his side I hope he does love the bloke. Barnes in or out I hope we beat Barnsley and Leicester and get up in the play off positions

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

So he scored with 33% of his shots today, any striker would be pleased with that return

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Its his side I hope he does love the bloke. Barnes in or out I hope we beat Barnsley and Leicester and get up in the play off positions

Now those are comments of a true Albion fan!

Whilst I firmly disagree with your criticism of Oscar playing Barnes, I do respect you coming on here and putting your views across unlike many of the whispering Barnes haters.

And as we are having a sensible/mature dialogue, can you please assist my understanding of this dislike of Barnes. Is it for his petulance e.g Bolton away last season, and his moaning at refs etc or is it that he is no Leo or Bobby and that's just not good enough? Its just there are a number of players who have had far worse seasons for us thus far, off the top of my head-Conway, Bruno, Spanish Dave, Andrews, but none of them come in for any real stick, let alone the vitriol aimed at another of our very own and I really don't get it.

Would appreciate a steer.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Now those are comments of a true Albion fan!

Whilst I firmly disagree with your criticism of Oscar playing Barnes, I do respect you coming on here and putting your views across unlike many of the whispering Barnes haters.

And as we are having a sensible/mature dialogue, can you please assist my understanding of this dislike of Barnes. Is it for his petulance e.g Bolton away last season, and his moaning at refs etc or is it that he is no Leo or Bobby and that's just not good enough? Its just there are a number of players who have had far worse seasons for us thus far, off the top of my head-Conway, Bruno, Spanish Dave, Andrews, but none of them come in for any real stick, let alone the vitriol aimed at another of our very own and I really don't get it.

Would appreciate a steer.

Thanks for your comments. It's not that I don't like Ashley Barnes as a player I just don't rate him as a forward in the championship. We have a player who has scored goals in the premier league and I believe 7 or 8 for sheff wed last season sitting on the bench for us. Its broader than I just don't rate or like Barnes I'm thinking today where is the pace in this side?? Where are we going to hurt them at the back where they lack pace. I just felt today especially we lacked the presence we need to have a go at them up front. Barnes spent most of the game chasing lost causes or playing with his back to goal. Anyway lets not take away from that brilliant strike and thanks to him we got a draw. I just know we have a better finisher, quicker more experienced forward sitting on the bench in Lita at the moment.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Thanks for your comments. It's not that I don't like Ashley Barnes as a player I just don't rate him as a forward in the championship. We have a player who has scored goals in the premier league and I believe 7 or 8 for sheff wed last season sitting on the bench for us. Its broader than I just don't rate or like Barnes I'm thinking today where is the pace in this side?? Where are we going to hurt them at the back where they lack pace. I just felt today especially we lacked the presence we need to have a go at them up front. Barnes spent most of the game chasing lost causes or playing with his back to goal. Anyway lets not take away from that brilliant strike and thanks to him we got a draw. I just know we have a better finisher, quicker more experienced forward sitting on the bench in Lita at the moment.

Serious question - Do you think Lita can play the lone forward role (and everything that requires from a footballer) as well as Barnes has over the last few games?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Lita has been inconsistent wherever he has played - maybe why Oscar trusts Ashley.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What are 'pro-Barnes' glasses? Are they the things that make you see a given player in a positive light?

Taking them off might be tricky, as I call mine 'eyes'.

Get over yourself. I have been full of nothing but Praise for Barnes this season. However I don't feel the need to fight his side no matter what and post loaded comments looking to get people to bite.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I would like to have seen Lita come on for Ince as the last substitution. We were on top and switching from a 4-5-1 to a 4-4-2 seemed to be the right move. Barnes could've done with someone playing a little closer to him

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I feel sorry for Barnes. Even when he scores an absolute beauty of a goal which gained us a point, people are still moaning about him.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
You Barnes haters really get on my t*ts. Take your anti Barnes tinted specs off and try judging based upon what he actually does on the pitch. The independent commentators on Sky praised his exceptional work rate, but so called Brighton fans still slate him. Pathetic!!

No one disputes his work rate,the commentators see him once in a blue moon we watch him week in week out , it is clear to all that Barnes and CMS are not good enough for this division, lovely blokkes they are but still not good enough

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I hate this one upfront NONSENSE. With the two quality balls Conway put in the second half if we had two strikers they would have been GOALS. Lita AND Barnes. There.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I hate this one upfront NONSENSE. With the two quality balls Conway put in the second half if we had two strikers they would have been GOALS. Lita AND Barnes. There.

You sir may possible win an award for the most sensible thing said on NSC in 2013.

My opinion is we started the correct shape but should have switched to Barnes and Lita on 65ish minutes

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Interesting that the OP was about Andrews ahead of Lita, and the thread has been dominated by Barnes v Lita. I think OG's assertion that Ince had cramp and a knock explains why it was Andrews - he was the most similar player to Ince that remained on the bench. That said, like many, I was a bit disappointed as I was hoping for Lita. I think if Ince could have continued Lita would have come on for Conway, and Barnes would have moved out wide.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Stop focusing on Barnes' goal return then, when that's 10% of what Oscar is asking of him. Oscar's clearly very happy with the job Barnes is doing for the team, and it's working, as we're unbeaten in 6.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here