Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why no Lita - again?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
2nd goal in 13 games as a centre forward "oh but he works hard though" & "he grafts for the team". Don't hate him just don't rate him.

Lucky for Brighton then that Garcia makes the decisions and it's just us on NSC that suffer the impact of your repetitiously one-eyed insight.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
2nd goal in 13 games as a centre forward "oh but he works hard though" & "he grafts for the team". Don't hate him just don't rate him.

He's not an Ulloa granted but playing out of position as a lone striker I don't think he's doing a bad job, The goal he got today any forward would be proud of.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Something doesn't add up with the Lita signing. This game needed pace to go at Elphick he was the man to deliver that. Worldly goal by Barnes kept him on the pitch he went missing for most of it.

have you been talking conspiracy theories with The Truth?
Barnes was exceptional today up front and defending set pieces.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Lucky for Brighton then that Garcia makes the decisions and it's just us on NSC that suffer the impact of your repetitiously one-eyed insight.

Ridiculous. Just because Poyet (Ex Premier League and international footballer, UEFA Pro qualified coach and current Premier League manager), Garcia ( Ex Barcelona player and coach, UEFA Pro qualified coach and winner of national league in his first season as coach) and Sean Dyche (. UEFA Pro qualified coach and manager of team in a promotion place) all rate him doesn't mean they are right ahead of a fat bloke with glasses watching the match in his underpants at home today.

It would be like someone being right about a medical diagnosis ahead of three medically qualified doctors because they were good at 'Operation' as a kid and have a box set of Grey's Anatomy, but it *could* be true.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Take your pro-Barnes glasses off matey. Having a different view of a players performance doesn't mean someone is not a Brighton fan.

I certainly don't have pro-Barnes glasses! Was at Bolton last season when his antics disgusted me.

Having a completely different view on Barnes' performance today from not only almost all Albion fans, but independent commentators on Sky, is proof enough that Neecha's judgement is based upon bias as opposed to the performance delivered. Criticising one of our best players on the pitch, and by definition criticising our manager for sticking by him, is hardly the actions of a Brighton fan.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Barnes is good at defending, midfielders needed subbing, so why change? Lita doesn't have a good first touch from what I've seen of his play. Oscar got it right today.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
thank god there are some people on here who understand football. If it were left to the clowns I think I'd give up :lolol:

Last edited:

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Cannot for the life of me think why, when our first choice striker got suspended then injured, we got an experienced striker in on loan, only for him to have limited playing time. All I read on here is 'Barnes is doing well, considering he's being played out of position' etc...... There have been occasions, notably today, when the game cries out for an out and out striker with pace , to come on against a slow central defence pairing. Not to replace Barnes, but to supplement him. It took 44 minutes for David to get a mention for touching the ball today, why not give Lita a go instead of him ?
This is not a moan about Barnes btw .......just the situation he finds himself in sometimes.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Something doesn't add up with the Lita signing. This game needed pace to go at Elphick he was the man to deliver that. Worldly goal by Barnes kept him on the pitch he went missing for most of it.

So you freely admit - you don't understand football?

Fine. Just so as we're clear.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
So you freely admit - you don't understand football?

Fine. Just so as we're clear.

I will ALWAYS back a Brighton player whether I like him or not but will always say what I think is right. I applauded Barnes goal today it was a fantastic snap shot on his weaker foot, great to watch. However for me a striker is there to score goals and should be judged on this 80% of the time. I'm not saying this is the right way or wrong way to judge a centre forward its just MY opinion.
If you look at Barnes stats (DONT inc League 1) his goals to game ratio in the championship aren't great. This said GP played him behind the forward since our move to the Amex. However for OUR and any team we need goals to be scored more freely by the CF and in MY opinion Leroy Lita would supply more of these than Barnes as in MY opinion he is a better player than Barnes and more dangerous as a striker, predominantly because he is rapid and will get behind average centre half's (Cook & Elphick) this is something Barnes did today once and he fluffed his lines. I get the graft/ heart/ endeavour and effort he puts in and the hold up play is great but he is not as good as Lita end of. Lastly I have played semi pro football both here and abroad for over ten years so have a good understanding of the game so maybe I don't understand football as much as you but all the same I know enough.
Can't wait for Ulloa to return!!

Last edited:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I will ALWAYS back a Brighton player whether I like him or not but will always say what I think is right. I applauded Barnes goal today it was a fantastic snap shot on his weaker foot, great to watch. However for me a striker is there to score goals and should be judged on this 80% of the time. I'm not saying this is the right way or wrong way to judge a centre forward its just MY opinion.
If you look at Barnes stats (DONT inc League 1) his goals to game ratio in the championship aren't great. This said GP played him behind the forward since our move to the Amex. However for OUR and any team we need goals to be scored more freely by the CF and in MY opinion Leroy Lita would supply more of these than Barnes as in MY opinion he is a better player than Barnes and more dangerous as a striker, predominantly because he is rapid and will get behind average centre half's (Cook & Elphick) this is something Barnes did today once and he fluffed his lines. I get the graft/ heart/ endeavour and effort he puts in and the hold up play is great but he is not as good as Lita end of. Lastly I have played semi pro football both here and abroad for over ten years so have a good understanding of the game so maybe I don't understand football as much as you but all the same I know enough.
Can't wait for Ulloa to return!!

Blime! A far more considered effort than your first go. But aren't these statements from your first and last emails completely contradictory-"he went missing for most of it" and "I get the graft/ heart/ endeavour and effort he puts in and the hold up play is great".

Sorry, but for all your latter-day explanations, I bet deep down you were gutted when Barnes scored that penalty against Blackburn the other week so you could really kick off about him.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My one criticism of Barnes today was about three or four balls he played to Orlandi and Crofts which would have been ideal for the pace of Buckley or Lua Lua but he need to take the pace off a bit because of the chasing player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here