Why it's vitally important that we do not denounce Barber

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Palace would have made a similar loss to the Albion in 2013/14 (£7.7m) that year (2012/13) but for selling Zaha and other players of course admits Steve Parish himself. Palace's support was smaller than the Albion that year but still an average of 17K so not quite as small as you imply . That said Albion had an higher wage bill than Palace that season and also a far higher turnover. (£23m to $14m) - ie: ticket sales/commercial so not sure what you mean.

Most of the increase in the stadium's capacity (ie: the East Stand Upper) was completed in time for start of 2012/13, with the complete in filling in the ends during 2012/13.
Although 2013/14 was the first full season with every game at the potential 30,750 capacity.

Not sure what Barber has done either simply "remove the fat" or "straightforward" ...but then I'm not a CEO of a business with a £25m turnover.

£7.7m loss? Thought it was circa £10m for us in 2013/14? Or are you saying that Palace's loss of £7.7m is similar to our £10m loss? Palace had much smaller revenues because even with an average crowd of 17k that is with free kids season tickets, groupon deals, much cheaper tickets generally (especially season tickets) and poor corporate facilities (other than for rodents).

So in summary you are saying that without player sales they would have made 'similar' losses to us this season but with much smaller revenue, which was exactly my point. Paul's brought it to an average level for a championship side. Well done for that, it was very much needed, now show your value

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ran out of pies in WSU (North end kiosk) by about 2 minutes into half-time.

Evening game in January. Obviously going to be demand for pies. Shockingly inefficient.

But its OK as Barber tells us the catering is all being superbly run.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Personally I have no idea why people bother to consume pints of beer at football stadiums. The reasons not to are well stated above:
- plastic glass
- nowhere to sit
- nowhere to put your glass down
- drafty, unattractive surroundings
- rip-off prices
- instead of enjoying the taste of the beer you drink it quickly so as not to miss any of the game

If you must have a beer before or after a game, go to a local pub.
I admit to liking 2 or 3 stadium beers, rather than getting there last minute or rushing off early.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ran out of pies in WSU (North end kiosk) by about 2 minutes into half-time.

Evening game in January. Obviously going to be demand for pies. Shockingly inefficient.

But its OK as Barber tells us the catering is all being superbly run.

The other kisoks had pies tho. I just went to the one in the middle of WSU.

HOWEVER

They should maybe have had a sign up saying "PIES SOLD OUT" so at least you didnt have to queue to find out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports