Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why is Illegal Streaming So Popular

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I know money is everything in football but in even in murky world of TV surely PL owe Sky some loyalty who financed from day 1
probably some, Sky have given the Premier League a lot of razmataz and added alot to their profile. thats why i'd expect talk of ditching Sky to be just talk, they'd use it to drive a harder bargin from Sky.

there's another angle, PL dont have any means to deliver their own platform or pay per game. Sky do. i wouldn't be at all surprised if we see a pay per game, season ticket packages, delivered via Sky.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Is a VPN really necessary de nos jours?
1000 homes got raided recently in search of those people using IPTV. I know that thread was laughed at and would have thought going into certain estates and raiding 1000 homes there would be a good chance 100 would have IPTV. But I use a VPN anyway, just put it down as a cost.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
1000 homes got raided recently in search of those people using IPTV. I know that thread was laughed at and would have thought going into certain estates and raiding 1000 homes there would be a good chance 100 would have IPTV. But I use a VPN anyway, just put it down as a cost.
Really ? Do you have a source for that

In my experience they just go after the ones selling / providing the service, not those using it

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Really ? Do you have a source for that 1681118228437.png
1681118228437.png

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The police must have loads of spare bodies to visit and process all of these.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There is no evidence this ever happened. Just a scare story
There are follow up news articles that 4 arrests were made, for people running services. I guess end users just had equipment seized. West Midlands and Police Scotland seem to be running the national show, their rationale is that it’s part of wider organised crime.

[I’m not against illegal streaming btw. I was just interested when @Official Old Man posted that].

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
As mentioned in the Daily Mail in the yearly ' lets scare illegal streamers'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here