Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is BBC radio Sussex so precious about Prem scores?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
And FFS, stop talking about clubs in Surrey and Hampshire. I don't care about Aldershot and Woking.

Does anyone know why the word Woking is even mentioned in these broadcasts? Just another conference club that lies outside the M25 and is therefore lumped with all the others and assigned to BBC Sussex?

It's annoying enough they switch to the Crawley game every 15 minutes for a description of a throw in, but I can at least understand that on a geographical basis.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Talking about the withdean days, I was talking to john -atilla -the last home game and we were bemoaning the current PA system effort and missing the music that john and paul played. Even if some was old punk stuff, at least it was not a set of bollocksy adverts.

Why cannot we play some music anymore? Is it another case of FFP not paying royalties for playing music or is it another planning condition?

When I took my son he wanted to be in his seat 45 mins before kick off :facepalm:

They play music then but it's such modern commercial garbage I can only think it's meant to drive you back inside for another pint.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They could just stop reading the premier league scores out. Then he wouldn't have to apologise. They should only read out scores of local clubs and scores that effect local clubs. If you want the premier league results, listen to 5 live or Talksport. They should spend more time talking about Sussex's non league clubs.

And FFS, stop talking about clubs in Surrey and Hampshire. I don't care about Aldershot and Woking.

But at the end of the day, it's BBC radio Surrey and SUssex, not radio brighton and hove albion!

Again I remember conversations around the promotion of Sussex and Surrey clubs not just brighton, especially whilst Crawley and to some extent Eastbourne borough were doing well. It was always going to get that way as sometimes we struggled to get people phoning in, especially after some games, I remember Levo and I did a show after the home game against MK dons in the coca cola cup ( I think it was) where we had two calls! For one hour show I defy anyone apart from danny baker to come up with something to keep people entertained.

At the end of the day, the show appeared to bea. Marmite show in that people either loved it and phoned in every week , which then pissed off people who thought we should have had more people phoning in....which we never had any control over...or you had people on here moaning and whinging about it's appearing a bunch of mates having a chat.

So now you get a radio show that not many people listen to who cater for sussex and surrey sport, not just BHA.

The best programme of the Harty type show is one in Sheffield, I think it is still going, where having Wednesday, United and Rotherham fans calling in made it a very entertaining show.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But at the end of the day, it's BBC radio Surrey and SUssex, not radio brighton and hove albion!

Which is fair enough.
But it certainly feels like a disproportionate amount of time given to Aldershot & Woking even compared to Crawley.

Is radio Sussex & Surrey a big hit in Northern Surrey, from 5 to 6pm, I have my doubts.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Am I one of the few that doesn't bother watching MOTD, because I genuinely couldn't give two shits what the scores are?!?!? I'm not a fan of Premiership football, if and when we ever get there, then I may be interested, but for now I just couldn't care less??

Me neither! If I was listening to the BHA match on the radio and wanted to know the Prem scores, I could easily find out what they are by looking on my phone, my laptop or even my TV. There's no need to mention the Prem scores - the BBC aren't the only people who can look at the BBC website!

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
What's even worse about all this is if your listening on Player, your paying good money for BHA commentary so surely that is what you should get.
About time Player got sorted out and had it's own commentary it's a joke at the moment and hit & miss as to wheather you'll even manage to get a feed.
Don't even get me started on the FL App.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Which is true.

But assuming you have an interest in football, why should the beeb apologise for telling you about other football, while listening to the football.

Because some people want to listen to the Albion and then watch MOTD without knowing the scores? Why does it bother you so much?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here