Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why have the white British left London ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not in a million f***ing years is berlin anywhere near as mixed as london.

The largest Turkish communities can be found in Kreuzberg, Neukölln, with substantial populations in Schöneberg, Wedding, Mitte, Spandau, Steglitz.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Okay, to be precise it is 60% white in London versus 71% in Berlin. Berlin has a huge Turkish community which, unlike most other cities, lives in the centre.......just like me. Not equal but hardy not 'anywhere near' and not a place where someone who is allegedly squeamish of immigrants would run to is it?

But you are the immigrant HT.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Something quite remarkable happened in London in the first decade of the new millennium. The number of white British people in the capital fell by 620,000 - equivalent to the entire population of Glasgow moving out.

The consequence, as revealed by the latest census, is that white Brits are now in a minority in London, making up just 45% of its residents.

So where have they gone to - and why did they leave?

I've been analysing and mapping the census data, and what emerges is a much more positive story than some headlines would make you think.

The movement of the white British is often characterised as white flight - the indigenous population forced out of their neighbourhoods by foreign migrants. That may be part of the story, but I think the evidence suggests it is also about working class aspiration and economic success

Full story

BBC News - Why have the white British left London?

Why did you leave? It's likely to be the same for the others in one shape or form.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Not in a million f***ing years is berlin anywhere near as mixed as london.

I've lived in Berlin, and would say that it depends what you mean by 'mixed'. London probably has a much larger number of different minorities, but Berlin has got a smaller number of absolutely massive minority groups: in fact it's the city with the third largest Turkish population in the world (the other two are Istanbul and Ankara).
Where London has the edge I would say (having lived there too) is that London is a lot more tolerant than Berlin, and does a lot more both to respect difference and to integrate minority groups. The Turkish community had to fight pretty hard to get full citizenship rights, even for second and third generation immigrants, and lots of white Germans still refer to second and third generation Turks (who've lived there all their lives and speak German with strong Berlin accents, and don't speak Turkish) as 'Auslaender' (foreigners), whereas in London their equivalents would be seen as black British or British Asians or whatever.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
and your point is ? berlin has a lot of captain kirks , big deal.

I'm surprised you have forgotten the point because it's one of only 4 you make.

You stated that I left London because of immigrants.....but I have moved to somewhere which is heaving with immigrants. Is this simple enough for you to comprehend in that uneducated skull of yours?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Yes , they're the ones, people like gwylan and herr tubthumper who "loved the multicultural buzz" but f***ed off back to sussex as soon as the first african kissed his teeth at them.

African do not kiss their teeth, that is the West Indians. Africans make a sort of clicking noise. Then again maybe in that well known part of London. Haywards Heath, Africans do kiss their teeth.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
African do not kiss their teeth, that is the West Indians. Africans make a sort of clicking noise. Then again maybe in that well known part of London. Haywards Heath, Africans do kiss their teeth.
ah he's back , i use kissing teeth as a generic term , and so do all my other london mates, anything to say on the completely bogus crime figures for pollards hill ? i doubt youve ever been there much less passed through it , and i left london 2 years ago you f***ing clown.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'm sure Bushy will come and tell you he is correct because only HE has lived in London unlike ANYONE else. Just sit back, roll your eyes and think 'ignorant twat' like the most people do.

- - - Updated - - -

ah he's back , i use kissing teeth as a generic term , and so do all my other london mates, anything to say on the completely bogus crime figures for pollards hill ? i doubt youve ever been there much less passed through it , and i left london 2 years ago you f***ing clown.

Is that bullshit I can smell?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

1, Now your waffling again.
2, the figures were for a sub ward of Pollards hill, as we were discussing estates. If I wanted to discuss an estate in Mitcham I wouldnt include the whole of Mitcham would I.
3, London mates :wanker:, I doubt you have any London or otherwise.
4, You doubt someone who has lived in London all his life has ever been to Pollards Hill or even passed through it, I think it is plain from this thread who is the clown :jester:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
2, the figures were for a sub ward of Pollards hill, as we were discussing estates. If I wanted to discuss an estate in Mitcham I wouldnt include the whole of Mitcham would I.
4, You doubt someone who has lived in London all his life has ever been to Pollards Hill or even passed through it, I think it is plain from this thread who is the clown :jester:
i doubt very much you've been to pollards hill , those figures were for the estate,not the whole of mitcham, you do realise pollards hill is in mitcham dont you ? and why would you go to pollards hill, i lived in south london for most of my life and never had the occasion to go to sydenham , i think you protest too much , you probably come from sevenoaks and wished you came from south london.

- - - Updated - - -

i doubt very much you've been to pollards hill , those figures were for the estate, and why would you go to pollards hill, i lived in south london for most of my life and never had the occasion to go to sydenham , i think you protest too much , you probably come from sevenoaks and wished you came from south london.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
thats bollocks for starters. where do you think it originated from???

Thats like saying everything that west indian people do originates from Africa because thats where they originate from. They almost tut, but it sounds like a clicking noise. The rasping sound that people refer to when saying kissing your teeth I have only ever heard West Indians do that.

- - - Updated - - -

i doubt very much you've been to pollards hill , those figures were for the estate,not the whole of mitcham, you do realise pollards hill is in mitcham dont you ? and why would you go to pollards hill, i lived in south london for most of my life and never had the occasion to go to sydenham , i think you protest too much , you probably come from sevenoaks and wished you came from south london.

No but I have been to Sevenoaks. It says a lot how you are held in such high regard on here. Anyway get back to your keyboard bashing.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Thats like saying everything that west indian people do originates from Africa because thats where they originate from. They almost tut, but it sounds like a clicking noise. The rasping sound that people refer to when saying kissing your teeth I have only ever heard West Indians do that.

- - - Updated - - -

No but I have been to Sevenoaks. It says a lot how you are held in such high regard on here. Anyway get back to your keyboard bashing.
you COME from sevenoaks you mean, you just dont ring true , you're trying too hard :wanker:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
you COME from sevenoaks you mean, you just dont ring true , you're trying too hard :wanker:

So let me get this straight? your argument has boiled down to saying I do not live in London, or even born then I infact come from Sevenoaks. You are a funny little man @spunkbubble

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
when asians want to live in their own communties or all in the same street,they're not considered racists

but when white people want to do the same,straight away they're labelled racists

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here