Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why HAS Dick Tight and his book been BANNED from the AMEX ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It was I believe 7000 in the first year itvwas made free which I believe was 2006

I was basing this on an answer given by TB at the NWSS session last week.

BHAFC ✔ @OfficialBHAFC
Q&A: What is club doing to encourage young fans? We set up Young Seagulls which has grown from 1000 members to more than 10,000 members.
9:28 PM - 29 Oct 2013

which TB actually said 'from a 1000 in the Withdean years to more than 10000 now'. Anyway they seem like quite encouraging numbers in face of some of doom mongery about our future fan base.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I rekon an edition of Albion Top trumps whould be great - I would definitely be an away day staple on the costa express! You could have players, managers and staff from throughout our history.

What categories would you have for Bloom and Knight?

BLOOM

Timing 8
Wealth 9
Guile 10
PR 7
facial hair 2
chain smoking 0

KNIGHT

Timing 9
Wealth 6
Guile 10
PR 6
facial hair 5
chain smoking 10

I am sure there was a computer version of Seagulls top trumps maybe 12-15 years ago, featuring our top players of the day. Anything above a 3 for skill and we struggled to hang on to them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I rekon an edition of Albion Top trumps whould be great - I would definitely be an away day staple on the costa express! You could have players, managers and staff from throughout our history.

What categories would you have for Bloom and Knight?

BLOOM

Timing 8
Wealth 9
Guile 10
PR 7
facial hair 2
chain smoking 0

KNIGHT

Timing 9
Wealth 6
Guile 10
PR 6
facial hair 5
chain smoking 10

All yours - http://www.trumperama.co.uk/mytrumps.asp

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
With respect, that is complete and utter shit. In my opinion, like.

Really a fan base has moved from around 5,000 to 20,000 plus, what would they know or care about the history of the club ?

Perhaps the issue is at some point and we all have to accept it you are a no longer at the table so to speak - this smacks of that

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Really a fan base has moved from around 5,000 to 20,000 plus, what would they know or care about the history of the club ?

Perhaps the issue is at some point and we all have to accept it you are a no longer at the table so to speak - this smacks of that

You know as well as i do that many of the people who came back when we got the Amex were people who knew very well what had been going on before and chose not to come when things were hard - their decision...
I think Dick's book is going to be A LOT OF FUN :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:fishing:
Getting some big uns tonight.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You know as well as i do that many of the people who came back when we got the Amex were people who knew very well what had been going on before and chose not to come when things were hard - their decision...
I think Dick's book is going to be A LOT OF FUN :)

What's he doing with the proceeds from the book ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Have Manchester United banned Fergies book from their club shop?

He seemed to upset enough people at that club in his book.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dick Knight, the Salman Rushdie of Sussex by the Sea.

Will there be a fatwa?

You missed of the tts off your last word. And the answer is yes I am sure her and Liz Costa will be mentioned. Let's hope there are no pictures.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You have to admire the way Dick Knight has managed this hype.

Suddenly we are all talking about it. I bet it will be about as explosive as a pop gun.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You missed of the tts off your last word. And the answer is yes I am sure her and Liz Costa will be mentioned. Let's hope there are no pictures.

Bit harsh, IMHO.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Yes, because all of a sudden we have 20,000 new fans who'd never been to the Albion before. Well done you. Genius :facepalm:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here