Why HAS Dick Tight and his book been BANNED from the AMEX ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
the Argus states the book "gives exclusive accounts of.....and encounters with Brian Clough and Bill Shankley". Now unless they were asked to model the Wonderbra, when could this have happened? Did DK have any connection with the Albion before 1997 other than as a supporter (allegedly)?

The king is dead, long live TB

Who the heck is Bill Shankley? Does he know he has a similar name to the legendary Liverpool manager Bill Shankly?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
There's should be no oneupmanship when it comes to Albion saviours. This isn't a game of Top Trumps.

I rekon an edition of Albion Top trumps whould be great - I would definitely be an away day staple on the costa express! You could have players, managers and staff from throughout our history.

What categories would you have for Bloom and Knight?

BLOOM

Timing 8
Wealth 9
Guile 10
PR 7
facial hair 2
chain smoking 0

KNIGHT

Timing 9
Wealth 6
Guile 10
PR 6
facial hair 5
chain smoking 10

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The most naive statement I think I have read on here.

If, or when, it all goes tits up and they are looking for the next generation of local support, it ain't gonna be there unless they develop it now. Look what happened when we were exiled in Gillingham - we lost almost a generation of young fans in that couple of years.

Which is why it bodes well for the future of the club that, under Tony Bloom's direction, the number of Junior Seagulls / Gully's Gangers has risen from 1000 to 10000.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Who the heck is Bill Shankley? Does he know he has a similar name to the legendary Liverpool manager Bill Shankly?

not sure, but as I said "the Argus states"..........take it up with the editor of the Argus

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I rekon an edition of Albion Top trumps whould be great - I would definitely be an away day staple on the costa express! You could have players, managers and staff from throughout our history.

BLOOM

Timing 8
Wealth 9
Guile 10
PR 7
facial hair 2
chain smoking 0

KNIGHT

Timing 9
Wealth 6
Guile 10
PR 6
facial hair 5
chain smoking 10

I think you are way out on Wealth. Otherwise Dick would still be in charge.

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
Yes....well said

I strongly suspect this book is going to be a brilliant read, even for non-Albion fans, and the fact the club are refusing to stock it only serves to enhance that feeling.

Regardless of its contents, refusing to sell the book of the man who saved the club simply makes whoever at the club is responsible for this decision look absolutely pathetic.

Can't believe what short memories people have ie. we very likely wouldn't have a club if it hadn't been for Dick's efforts, show the bloke a bit of respect. Can't wait to read his book. Guess maybe the "bigwigs" at the club aren't up to hearing a few home truths??

Well done Dick...:bowdown: !

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Which is why it bodes well for the future of the club that, under Tony Bloom's direction, the number of Junior Seagulls / Gully's Gangers has risen from 1000 to 10000.

It was I believe 7000 in the first year itvwas made free which I believe was 2006

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
A lot of people here are saying they understand why the club wont allow him to use the amex to sell or publicise it if he wont let them know what he says.

I can understand it too. Especially if they know well enough what it might contain.

Lets be honest, most of us know what our annual appraisal will contain before we get to hear it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It was apparently explosive then the lawyers got involved but despite heavy re editing it can still be classed as a good read.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

BLOOM

Timing 8
Wealth 9
Guile 10
PR 7
facial hair 2
chain smoking 0

KNIGHT

Timing 9
Wealth 6
Guile 10
PR 6
facial hair 5
chain smoking 10

I would say neither of them wear a suit particularly well.

Scruffy 'erberts.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
It was apparently explosive then the lawyers got involved but despite heavy re editing it can still be classed as a good read.

Did the lawyers not like the bit that put Paul Barber on the grassy knoll?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

It was significantly more than 1000 before TB made it free of charge (which resulted in the significant increase in membership, esp under 7s who got a free shirt and cost the club a fortune). They are now looking to charge £10 for a membership that is worth something, hence the reduction in real numbers to a couple of hundred.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports