Why HAS Dick Tight and his book been BANNED from the AMEX ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
There's should be no oneupmanship when it comes to Albion saviours. This isn't a game of Top Trumps.

Both men have done magnificent things for this club at different times. That these two great men don't seem to get on makes me a little bit sad.

This. 100%

Oh, and realistically, how many copies will this book sell?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'd expect it to sell at least a bit better than all those Falmer books that got released? How did they do?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I strongly suspect this book is going to be a brilliant read, even for non-Albion fans, and the fact the club are refusing to stock it only serves to enhance that feeling.

They haven't refused. It's all part of the promotion. Some people seem to be falling for it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No electronic version is ridiculous in this day and age. Got my annual holiday coming up soon, and I haven't taken a physical book for YEARS.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
As Bozza said on another thread - there are a lot of things I'm struggling to like about the club at the moment. This another one.

It reminds me of when Mike Read banned Relax - how many of us bought it after that? Or when Spycatcher was banned. It is not as if people aren't going to buy it.

I can see it bookshops now

"The book that's banned at the Amex!"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hope the book sells well and then we'll finally get that 2 million off Knight for players....:thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
few hundred i would guess is a bit mean....i'd expect it to get as far as four figures

Possibly, you need to remember that around 75% of our fans at the Amex have never heard of him and will not really understand the past.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Poor decision by the club, every few months a little bit more of the soul of the club dies.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Poor decision by the club, every few months a little bit more of the soul of the club dies.

What soul ? The one that would still be playing at Withdean if not for Tony Bloom.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Look forward to it, mainly for the takeover from Archer part.

Will definitely just take any anti-Tony snippets with a big pinch of salt, and not too seriously.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Wouldn't be playing anywhere if not for Dick Knight.

Not saying otherwise but to suggest we are losing our soul just because the club at this juncture haven't taken his book - which may be controversial towards the present owners, or not as the case may be - is ridiculous.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Look forward to it, mainly for the takeover from Archer part.

Will definitely just take any anti-Tony snippets with a big pinch of salt, and not too seriously.

I agree with that.

Dick is/was a hero, and took us a long way, but TB is in charge now, and will take us much further.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Question for the many conspiracy theorists on here.

Is Ernest actually Dick Tight himself?

He has been running a smear campaign for years (Whilst Dick wrote his book?) and now the book launch is upon us, is this thread fantastic advertising?

It looks like Tesco's planned face scanning technology at petrol stations has nothing on Ernest's targeted advertisements? Because of this thread I will be buying the book and I hadn't considered it before!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
the Argus states the book "gives exclusive accounts of.....and encounters with Brian Clough and Bill Shankley". Now unless they were asked to model the Wonderbra, when could this have happened? Did DK have any connection with the Albion before 1997 other than as a supporter (allegedly)?

The king is dead, long live TB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports