Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why HAS Dick Tight and his book been BANNED from the AMEX ?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Are you talking about the cost savings that have been made, so the playing budget can be increased rather than reduced this season? Are you saying that wasn't a good thing to do?

No, I was commenting on the fact that he had 'culled', making lots of people redundant. My point was that he hasn't been very selective in his decision making, and that some of those "deposed" maybe should still be there.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Really? On the west coast line I don't think i've seen more than a couple of people with the kindle (or audio reader of any sort).

If it's the Brighton-Line your probably right though, most of the people on that line would probably pay £90 for a granny smith if it had an Apple logo on it

Uckfield line actually. As I said I would say you see more e-readers than you do physical books. Obviously can't comment on any other line but surprised yours is so low given how relatively inexpensive they are compared to tablets.

I will have a count up in the morning.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No, I was commenting on the fact that he had 'culled', making lots of people redundant. My point was that he hasn't been very selective in his decision making, and that some of those "deposed" maybe should still be there.

I have no idea who or what you are talking about specifically, but presumably any 'redundancies' were made in the name of saving money, so it could be spent on the playing budget. Who should 'still be there'?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have no idea who or what you are talking about specifically, but presumably any 'redundancies' were made in the name of saving money, so it could be spent on the playing budget. Who should 'still be there'?

Well a good starter would be Steve Ford who was "allowed" to go, and others would be those who ran the junior supporters club, all of whom were made redundant.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Would that be the same 'playing budget' that so many in favour of FFP, including TB, want to reduce? ???

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Would that be the same 'playing budget' that so many in favour of FFP, including TB, want to reduce? ???

Huh? Where has TB ever said he wants to reduce the playing budget? All I've ever heard reported, read or heard him say himself is the exact opposite; i.e. he wants the playing budget to be as high as possible while staying within FFP rules. Same goes for PB actually.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Huh? Where has TB ever said he wants to reduce the playing budget? All I've ever heard reported, read or heard him say himself is the exact opposite; i.e. he wants the playing budget to be as high as possible while staying within FFP rules. Same goes for PB actually.

TB has certainly publicly supported the FFP regulations and seeing as one of the stated aims of UEFA and the League in introducing these regulations is to reduce the proportion of players wages to turnover I would have thought that implies that TB is in favour of an overall reduction in the player's wage bill ???

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I guess it depends upon whether you get (indirect) messages from the club to the effect that they are "very close to running out of patience" about postings that you make on NSC.

I assume you're talking about the infamous "I wouldn't p**s on LB if he were on fire" - if not then I'm a tad worried that the club thinks it can lean on posters. Personally if they tried it with me then I'd tell them where to go.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
TB has certainly publicly supported the FFP regulations and seeing as one of the stated aims of UEFA and the League in introducing these regulations is to reduce the proportion of players wages to turnover I would have thought that implies that TB is in favour of an overall reduction in the player's wage bill ???

Ah. Yes, indeed. But hasn't he also said that he expects the same effect across all clubs, I.e. that our competitive position won't be weakened?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Can I just point out that as the owner of a bookshop, I have been offered sight of books about to be published about 5 times in 8 years, so I would doubt that it is standard practice, frankly. Maybe for the likes of Waterstones it is, but not for anyone else. It may be the club wanted to see a draft and it was refused, who knows. It is somewhat churlish of them not to stock it though.

On the matter of price, my UK suppliers have it on a special Xmas trade discount, otherwise the price Amazon are selling it at is only 40p more than the standard trade discount. So maybe that has something to do with the club's decision also.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

what
Gullies girl
and the ball boys ................how much did they cost then?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I'd rather have a decent playing budget rather than idiots running around doing face painting for kids

The most naive statement I think I have read on here.

If, or when, it all goes tits up and they are looking for the next generation of local support, it ain't gonna be there unless they develop it now. Look what happened when we were exiled in Gillingham - we lost almost a generation of young fans in that couple of years.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Fair play to the club, if they dont know if they are going to be slagged off then why should they stock it ?

Seeing as it is pretty much about the club, I think they should be allowed to know whats in it - if anyone is being petty its the publishers.

But still, great free PR for Mr TIGHT.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Fair play to the club, if they dont know if they are going to be slagged off then why should they stock it ?

Seeing as it is pretty much about the club, I think they should be allowed to know whats in it - if anyone is being petty its the publishers.

But still, great free PR for Mr TIGHT.

It's not about the club it's about DK - that's why it's called an autobiography !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here