Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why HAS Dick Tight and his book been BANNED from the AMEX ?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There's plenty of tat in that shop that could be considered a bad commerical decision.

Stocking something that will sell well would not be a bad commercial decision.

Maybe they'll stock it once it's published and they've read it. Especially with Christmas coming up.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The club hasn't refused to sell it though, they've asked for an advanced copy before doing so which is standard practice and for whatever reason Knight or his publishers said no, as mentioned already likely to drum up some interest. Don't be fooled.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
That's what I recall too. We'd still be in Withdean or sharing with Crawley without Bloom

But there would have been no club for Bloom to invest in if Dick hadn't kept it afloat for 8 years.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But there would have been no club for Bloom to invest in if Dick hadn't kept it afloat for 8 years.

There's should be no oneupmanship when it comes to Albion saviours. This isn't a game of Top Trumps.

Both men have done magnificent things for this club at different times. That these two great men don't seem to get on makes me a little bit sad.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
There's should be no oneupmanship when it comes to Albion saviours. This isn't a game of Top Trumps.

Both men have done magnificent things for this club at different times. That these two great men don't seem to get on makes me a little bit sad.

Let's not forget Liam Brady too when it comes to saviours.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I really, really couldn't agree more.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
And if Tony Bloom hadn't of stepped in, there would have been no Amex, probably no Championship football etc. So while its his club, he can do what he likes.

Not sure I go along with the last bit of that, it was also Archer and Stanley's club once. (not that I am in anyway comparing TB with them btw)

he /they might or might have owned a fair chunk of the Albion but surely its the fans club as without them there would not be a club?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And if Tony Bloom hadn't of stepped in, there would have been no Amex, probably no Championship football etc. So while its his club, he can do what he likes.

And there you have it in a nutshell!

So I take it you are in the. Abramovitch can do what he likes camp?

I suppose this is the argument that Mickey Mouse is a right *******, but it's ok as he is OUR *******.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I think we should also consider the fact that he still holds a position at the club. So we have someone still currently connected to the club, holding an official club position and who has written a book which the club won't stock - slightly strange. If DK was that bad surely he'd be removed from his position ?

Could you imagine the uproar if his Life Presidency was revoked?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And there you have it in a nutshell!

So I take it you are in the. Abramovitch can do what he likes camp?

I suppose this is the argument that Mickey Mouse is a right *******, but it's ok as he is OUR *******.

Abramovitch can do what he likes, doesn't make any difference to me :thumbsup:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Dick Knight banned from the ground!? Everything happening behind the scene at the Amex seems to becoming more and more like a soap opera! What's next?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Word.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I get that completely.

But just because he still holds a position, does necessarily follow that he's great mates with Tony Bloom and the rest.

If the club really were trying to write him out or "bully" him, as you put it, they wouldn't have given him a life position, or named a bar after him. Because they probably recognise that it would be petty.

Presumably they have some inkling that he's going to lay into some of them, and as such, they've decided it would be a bad commercial decision to stock it. As has already been pointed out, how many more of us feel like going out and buying it now, because we think there's evidently some sort of dynamite in there?

Winner for Dick, really.

I'm not sure I've ever said DK has been "bullied" ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I guess it depends upon whether you get (indirect) messages from the club to the effect that they are "very close to running out of patience" about postings that you make on NSC.

I've never had one of those, either directly or indirectly, so no. I guess it would then be down to what I said and with what motivation that would inform my decision on feeling 'bullied' or not. Fortunately, as a common-or-garden variety of lifelong fan, it hasn't applied to me, yet, so I can drift along in my own little blissful, everything in the garden is pretty rosy, little world, until it does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here