Why doesn't Farage Emigrate to Australia?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Right we can import the skills we need,you mean like the 80% of my workplace who are unskilled,minimum wage foreigners,or the car washers or the beggers in London?
Or do you mean bring in the foreigners that are thieves,there will be a court case soon in sussex which involves a the theft of hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of duty free cigarettes,perfumes etc.Guess what? at least half of those nicked were ho hum East European.
Im so glad these people are such a benefit to the uk and we gave them the opportunity to better themselves.Just the sort of people we need in the uk eh.
Half of you idiots are clueless as your work is not affected by this mass invasion,when it does affect you,you will soon change your tune.

My work is very affected. I employ a Spaniard, a German, a South African, a Pole, and a Saudi Arabian. They are all hard-working, law abiding and pay their taxes. They also help me export work as the business can demonstrate a sense of global cultural awareness. Do you want me to send them back? How will it affect my ability to export my services?

By the way, if only half of us idiots are clueless, that must mean that the 50% do understand how this 'mass invasion' has affected the country and we're still anti-UKIP.

Look, you have fears? Why do you have those fears? Is it really because people are coming over here and stealing your job and committing crime? I don't think it is. I don't think it's fear. I think it's anger. I think people are dissatisfied with the lack of fairness in our society; people still see unfair wage packets in all forms of life; people see the cost of living go up; they are worried about education. They also see a shrinking planet; global population explosions; they see unrest around the world. All that makes people want to retreat and throw up the borders. But you can't do that. The problems won't go away.

However, Farage has given you an outlet for your anger and like a punch-bag you'll use it. He's a career politician. He's not a man of the people. It's an act. And thanks to the fear he's spreading he'll get re-elected again and pocket another 130,000 euros a year not helping to construct a Europe we could all benefit from.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
These aren't facts and you either know that, or you're afraid of the truth so you are addressing your opinion up as fact. Either way, you are way off the mark.

There's a lot of fear in this country at the moment, and a lot of it is being stirred up by UKIP. Your fears, and you probably don't even know where they come from yourself, and now need to find an outlet, so you are searching for facts to back up these beliefs. But the facts just aren't there.

We need to accept that the freedom of movement for legal workers is good for this country and good for the inhabitants of this country. We can export of skills and import the ones we need.

At the moment, there is a massive shortage of nurses in London. We don't have the skills to fill the gaps. So, what do we do? Let waiting lists grow? Or do we fill the gap with trained workers from abroad?

The bigger question is this? Why is there a gap? Why do we not have trained nurses in this country? Is it because of the wages? Is it the training? These are much better issues to discuss. They are the root cause issues. Voting to leave the EU won't change that? You are being frightened into voting UKIP. Farage is selling all UKIP voters a massive smokescreen. He doesn't want to get to the root of it all because he's a failed Conservative politician and a one trick pony.

no social cost or any losers in this model, or they just collateral damage or non existent, or a price we pay? See its this overlooking of this or dismissal of it that creates the desire for a UKIP. We get the politicians we deserve, is no mean phrase.

a lot of peoples fears arent imaginary or being 'stoked up'. of course there are genuine racists (a word so devalued now to be almost meaningless) who love division and and will be drawn to UKIP as a trojan horse, but the biggest recruiters for UK are those who continue to deny we have any sort of issue coping with unprecedented migration.

A lot of people in the UK are quite happy to have a liberal stance on this without being at the sharp end. thats like donating to charity with someone elses money. school places doctors appointments social services and community cohesion are not theirs to give away.

the economic benefits of a fluid labour market may be all well and good, but there IS a cost. its who people expect to pay it thats wrong. until thats addressed properly then you are still going to have a lot of disgruntled people in this country.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
no social cost or any losers in this model, or they just collateral damage or non existent, or a price we pay? See its this overlooking of this or dismissal of it that creates the desire for a UKIP. We get the politicians we deserve, is no mean phrase.

a lot of peoples fears arent imaginary or being 'stoked up'. of course there are genuine racists (a word so devalued now to be almost meaningless) who love division and and will be drawn to UKIP as a trojan horse, but the biggest recruiters for UK are those who continue to deny we have any sort of issue coping with unprecedented migration.

A lot of people in the UK are quite happy to have a liberal stance on this without being at the sharp end. thats like donating to charity with someone elses money. school places doctors appointments social services and community cohesion are not theirs to give away.

the economic benefits of a fluid labour market may be all well and good, but there IS a cost. its who people expect to pay it thats wrong. until thats addressed properly then you are still going to have a lot of disgruntled people in this country.

I made a point that covers this on another post. Farage is tapping into a fear to secure votes. But there is genuine anger in the country. However, my feeling is that this anger stems from more deep rooted issues that aren't as easy to campaign on as the anti-EU ticket.

It's a sad fact in society that there are winners and losers. It's just the gap between the two has become so huge that it isn't sustainable without something breaking.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Good post.

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
I think we should change the Union Jack it doesn't represent the uk any longer

A simple white flag on a white background would reflect the ethnic Britons much more accurately

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
It's not the 'be all and end all' of my life, but it's rather foolish for you to be banging on about signs being provided in a second language whilst you can't be bothered to write well in your first language. It's just lazy.

I'm far from perfect, but I try to write well. It's all about self awareness and pride.

I also think that you can probably write clearly, but you can't be bothered. Perhaps you should. I reckon there's a link between pride in the presentation of yourself and self-esteem. Just a hunch. There you go.

I do find UKIP repugnant and it's a shame they will have people voting for them on a populist ticket. Let's hope they fail, as the long-term ramifications for the country would be terrible were they to get in.

By the way, interesting statistic on Newsnight last night. There's 2.3m legal immigrants in this country at the moment. There's 2.2m Brits working abroad (1.8m in the EU). So, if we pull out of the EU and send 2.3m immigrants home, then we'll also have to find space for the 1.8m that will need to come back.

We could be trading 2.3m people that want to be here and work here and pay taxes here, for 1.8m people that don't want to be here right now.

Your last paragraph is the biggest load of tosh I've read on this thread! Instead of putting someone's spelling to rights why don't you debate the serious points that I've made on previous pages about housing issues I note that none of the 'antis' have bothered to respond to those!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
because SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE TRUTH, mainly people from leafy Sussex who aren't in touch with reality............. worrying isn't it
regards
DR

Voting UKIP will allow a load of UKIP MEP's live off their allowances (according to Farage they are not expenses apparently) and serve no purpose at all, Farage votes on less EU votes than any other MEP.

Seems to be a massive swell of UKIP'ers in the 60+ bracket that appear to have been conned by Farage, ironically the very age group that have benefitted from EU membership more than anyone else!!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Seems to be a massive swell of UKIP'ers in the 60+ bracket that appear to have been conned by Farage, ironically the very age group that have benefitted from EU membership more than anyone else!!

Or could it be that the 60+ bracket are old enough to remember pre EU, maybe wiser. It could be that the younger bracket have only known the EU and treat it as a comfort blanket.

Jan 30, 2008

are you voting UKIP Spanish ?
regards
DR

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Your last paragraph is the biggest load of tosh I've read on this thread! Instead of putting someone's spelling to rights why don't you debate the serious points that I've made on previous pages about housing issues I note that none of the 'antis' have bothered to respond to those!!

It's not tosh at all. In fact you seem to have totally misunderstood both the comment and its relevance. If we pulled out of the EU tomorrow and repatriated EU citizens then we should probably expect ours back too. The people moving back here would not move to the same towns, schools, hospitals and jobs. Services would not be freed up they'd be in chaos. Of course you could argue that most of our ex pats would qualify to stay whee they are in which case you could only reasonably expect the same of the people currently living here.

It's funny, I hear that immigrants are the cause of housing going up in price but also that they live 8 to a room. Which is it? It literally cannot be both.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Or could it be that the 60+ bracket are old enough to remember pre EU, maybe wiser. It could be that the younger bracket have only known the EU and treat it as a comfort blanket.

Nostalgia is no way to live ones life

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

I suspect the fact that you've blamed immigrants for house price inflation probably explains why nobody's bothered to respond....

Jan 30, 2008
It's not tosh at all. In fact you seem to have totally misunderstood both the comment and its relevance. If we pulled out of the EU tomorrow and repatriated EU citizens then we should probably expect ours back too. The people moving back here would not move to the same towns, schools, hospitals and jobs. Services would not be freed up they'd be in chaos. Of course you could argue that most of our ex pats would qualify to stay whee they are in which case you could only reasonably expect the same of the people currently living here.

It's funny, I hear that immigrants are the cause of housing going up in price but also that they live 8 to a room. Which is it? It literally cannot be both.
i'ts well known they shack up together, i had Polish people asking me where they could get bunk beds from and that was 8 years ago !! also private rent is bound to be affected as well, have you thought of that one ?
regards
DR

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
i'ts well known they shack up together, i had Polish people asking me where they could get bunk beds from and that was 8 years ago !! also private rent is bound to be affected as well, have you thought of that one ?
regards
DR

I had. If 8 of them bunk in together instead of looking for 8 one bed flats that reduces demand, which reduces prices and frees up 7 other flats for fat people to watch Jeremy Kyle in, sorry I mean hard working people to lay their heads after a day on the site.

Jan 30, 2008
i had. If 8 of them bunk in together instead of looking for 8 one bed flats that reduces demand, which reduces prices and frees up 7 other flats for fat people to watch jeremy kyle in, sorry i mean hard working people to lay their heads after a day on the site.
that's a sorry reply but probably one i was expecting ,let the voters do the talking on thursday eh :wink:
regards
DR

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

Of course his point seems to stand up but in the real world - and we are talking about in the unlikely event if UKIP ever did get in power - it really wouldn't be as simple as we kick them out and the British get kicked out from wherever they are so, with respect it is a nonsense argument! And let's bear in mind those 1.8m British working in the EU are spread across the vastness of numerous countries whilst we have 2.3m from all those countries in the already overcrowded UK!
And as for the 8 to a room versus house prices not going up it's a facetious argument in itself! The simple point is that there is a serious housing shortage in this country - particularly in the south-east - and this is undoubtedly exacerbated by an influx of economic migrants many many of whom will flock to the south-east where there is more chance of work than the rest of the country -and yeah yeah I know the next argument - immigrants working? But they're all here on benefits aren't they??!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
that's a sorry reply but probably one i was expecting ,let the voters do the talking on thursday eh :wink:
regards
DR

As I pointed out to Redhill Seagull 66 I expect UKIP to have the highest number of votes by a very small amount out of a tiny turnout. They can hardly get us out of Brussels from Brussels. They'll hardly turn up. Let's see who the public want to run the actual country in a years time eh?

Jan 30, 2008
As I pointed out to Redhill Seagull 66 I expect UKIP to have the highest number of votes by a very small amount out of a tiny turnout. They can hardly get us out of Brussels from Brussels. They'll hardly turn up. Let's see who the public want to run the actual country in a years time eh?
yes i don't expect a high turn out but as you know in politics the old damage limitation will be out in force for some
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports