Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why does it taste so sweet?

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
My leeds supporting BIL wants Bielsa out and wants Potter to be the next Leeds boss. Oh how things have changed in 6 months!

Big Clubs get whatever they want!

Griffin Mill

I believe that Leeds were beaten today by a man who will become our next manager. I don't think Leeds were particularly good today, but Potter had his side well organized, tactically sound, and playing good football.

In recent times I have seen a few worrying signs that Leeds are self destructing, and while I love Marcelo Bielsa, both as a coach and a human being, some of his decisions are truly mystifying. I think he is slowly suffocating his own team which is tragic to see, but akin to watching Dr Frankenstein strangle his own monster.

His team selection, baffling substitutions, refusal to bring in new talent while constantly playing those clearly not good enough, are head scratching traits. Add to that my belief that he is ruining Rodrigo as a footballer by playing him as a number 10, shattering his confidence, while continuing to play wingers as full backs, full backs as centre backs, midfielders as defenders and vice versa, and my concern is real. Today he even neutralized our own most potent attacking threat too by playing Raphinha on the left the entire game, when he is clearly most dangerous on the other side.

We are carrying some dead weight in terms of our squad and showing real signs of decline, and I do fear that Bielsa will be gone at the end of the season as a result. If that is the case I think Potter would be a strong candidate to replace him, a young English manager with a big future who suits the way we play.

Pep Guardiola recently said Potter was the best English manager around right now. I agree, and while today was as much about Leeds not performing as it was about Brighton's brilliance, I am sure that the Leeds hierarchy will have seen enough of Potter to be impressed, and this could be the only good thing to come out of today's game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Griffin Mill

I believe that Leeds were beaten today by a man who will become our next manager. I don't think Leeds were particularly good today, but Potter had his side well organized, tactically sound, and playing good football.

In recent times I have seen a few worrying signs that Leeds are self destructing, and while I love Marcelo Bielsa, both as a coach and a human being, some of his decisions are truly mystifying. I think he is slowly suffocating his own team which is tragic to see, but akin to watching Dr Frankenstein strangle his own monster.

His team selection, baffling substitutions, refusal to bring in new talent while constantly playing those clearly not good enough, are head scratching traits. Add to that my belief that he is ruining Rodrigo as a footballer by playing him as a number 10, shattering his confidence, while continuing to play wingers as full backs, full backs as centre backs, midfielders as defenders and vice versa, and my concern is real. Today he even neutralized our own most potent attacking threat too by playing Raphinha on the left the entire game, when he is clearly most dangerous on the other side.

We are carrying some dead weight in terms of our squad and showing real signs of decline, and I do fear that Bielsa will be gone at the end of the season as a result. If that is the case I think Potter would be a strong candidate to replace him, a young English manager with a big future who suits the way we play.

Pep Guardiola recently said Potter was the best English manager around right now. I agree, and while today was as much about Leeds not performing as it was about Brighton's brilliance, I am sure that the Leeds hierarchy will have seen enough of Potter to be impressed, and this could be the only good thing to come out of today's game.

No, no not deluded in any way at all. Players and managers are all desperate to move from tin pot clubs to Leeds. The Potter out crew can breath easy, the end is inevitable

Disclaimer - I am pretty sure that’s a piss taking tongue in cheek cut and paste isn’t it?

el punal

You really can’t remember as far back as November? :lolol:

The victory over Villa was just as sweet to me tbh, but ALL victories are, especially when we play well

Indeed, but the two sweetest tastes of victory have been against (forget Palace in this instance) Sockboy’s divers at Villa Park and Elland Road’s Entitled Champions of Europe - well their fans really.

Saturday’s win against Leeds was even more satisfying as it showed, at last, how good a team we can be. The promise and potential finally realised.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Griffin Mill

Like he really thinks Potters reaction would be “oh my god, I’ve been offered the Leeds job. Sorry, Mr Bloom. But let’s throw the 5 year plan out. Leeds are calling”.

As if they are some kind of elite level Barcelona?

Just stunning levels of delusion.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Like he really thinks Potters reaction would be “oh my god, I’ve been offered the Leeds job. Sorry, Mr Bloom. But let’s throw the 5 year plan out. Leeds are calling”.

As if they are some kind of elite level Barcelona?

Just stunning levels of delusion.

Shirley he should pay his own train-fare?

el punal

Yeh, Lose to Fulham (who are playing very well) and we've undone all of our good work against Leeds

I haven’t forgotten, and hopefully the team haven’t forgotten, the abject second half display we produced at Craven Cottage two years ago. 2-0 up at halftime and absolutely coasting. Second half starts we cave in like a collapsed soufflé. We were dire and could have lost a lot more than the final result of 2-4. That game was the start of an awful run right to the end of the season culminating in Chris Hughton’s exit. Luckily we survived thanks - for Gawd’s sake! - to Palace beating Cardiff and getting them relegated instead of us.

So yes, it’s absolutely vital that we get at least a point against Fulham and maintain a 5 point gap, if not more, to ensure momentum in escaping from the relegation zone and a bit of mid-table comfort.

Can we do it? I think so. We’ve produced two good performances against Man City and Leeds which will instil confidence in the team. Repeat the same against Fulham will be what the doctor ordered.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Griffin Mill

...I do fear that Bielsa will be gone at the end of the season as a result. If that is the case I think Potter would be a strong candidate to replace him, a young English manager with a big future who suits the way we play.

I've heard Leeds are looking north of the border for their next manager...

John-Patrick-Reynolds_Comic-Art_Oor-Wullie-Talks-to-Bucket.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Griffin Mill

Oh yea sounds like he would love GP...

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
Ben White does the double over Leeds, whose fans seriously thought he'd stay at their club. Bless 'em. It's as beautiful as it is hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here