Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why does it taste so sweet?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Beating Villa was the cake, beating Leeds was the icing on that cake, Palace in a couple of weeks will hopefully be the cherry on top.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Because had we lost this place would have been virtually unvisitable for about 3 weeks.

The fact that the goal was a flowing move from one end of the pitch to the other, had Ben White forging forwards at its heart and left Leeds chasing shadows is just a bonus. Frankly, I wouldn't have cared if it had gone in off both posts and Trossard's left arse cheek.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Will be interesting to see how many other teams adopt the Brighton way vs them now. They could be in trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a lot of match analysis on twitter pointing out how we'd dominated in centre midfield, forcing them to play out wide, which didnt work for them. It wont have gone un-noticed by other clubs.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Because maybe,just for a while, it'll keep the usual grizzling,whinging,Potter critics away from here. Yes it felt good,more to come please!

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
While it was a good win against Leeds, people should not lose the run of themselves - there has been more than one false dawn over the past year and there is still a major job of work to be done to avoid relegation.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
All of the above, plus the way they treated Karen Carney was a complete disgrace

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
While it was a good win against Leeds, people should not lose the run of themselves - there has been more than one false dawn over the past year and there is still a major job of work to be done to avoid relegation.

Yeh, Lose to Fulham (who are playing very well) and we've undone all of our good work against Leeds

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Because we overcame - by a single goal - the team with the second worst defensive record in the entire EPL? Forgive me if I opt out of the circle knee-jerk. Will be way more impressed if we put Fulham to the sword. Now THERE's a side that doesn't practise strict social distancing between defenders :lol:

And we failed to overcome at home by a single goal both WBA and Sheff Utd, we failed to overcome away Fulham. We beat convincingly a team which is noted for its attacking flair, which we smothered for the most part while playing some very good stuff ourselves.

I do agree, though, that we do need to do a job on Fulham, which won’t be easy but is eminently doable!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So we're agreed.

Cautious optimism is the correct approach

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
All of the above, plus the way they treated Karen Carney was a complete disgrace

which is quite ironic as they do look like they are running out of steam now. I know she didn't say that exactly but she did imply that the break last year did them some good.

Im not sure why Leeds fans are so offended by the thought. They as well as many other fans have known that this is a Bielsa limitation.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Enjoyed my Group heads meeting today. Two Leeds fans in it, albeit not the swivel eyed 'Top Six easy' loons that seems to encompass a large proportion of their fanbase.
Kept my powder dry until one of them mentioned how wet it was underfoot after the recent snow, which was my chance to relate that to the Elland Road ploughed field, and how much better our passing game was on it than theirs. And that we WON!

Gotta enjoy the victories at other peoples expenses :goal:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
My leeds supporting BIL wants Bielsa out and wants Potter to be the next Leeds boss. Oh how things have changed in 6 months!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My leeds supporting BIL wants Bielsa out and wants Potter to be the next Leeds boss. Oh how things have changed in 6 months!

Please don’t tell me that he thinks Potter will up sticks and move if Leeds wanted him. Had enough of that shit with the Ben White entitlement

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Please don’t tell me that he thinks Potter will up sticks and move if Leeds wanted him. Had enough of that shit with the Ben White entitlement

well while some if their fans want Bielsa gone now the others are pretty clear that he won't stay beyond the end of the season,

At that point they could swoop! Could be another summer of fun!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Mate of mine met him on holiday, says he's desperate to sign for them #FreeGrahamPotter

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
because it was our first win for so long everyones forgotten what it's like.

Exactly this. I've rewatched our win v Spurs from last season 3 times recently as I'm still living off that victory.

Wins are as rare as hens teeth for us which is why it was so sweet at the weekend.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Oh ffs.

We’re going to through that shiz with GP now. “He’s Leeds through and through”, “he’s Leeds and everyone knows it”, #freegrahampotter [emoji24]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here