Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Why do we all wear jeans?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
For many years it was suit and tie all week, jeans or shorts at home.

Then when I retired, it was jeans all week during winter, shorts all week during summer and at home.

Last couple of winters it's been jeans during week, joggers at home. I'm worried that I'm not only on a slippery slope, I'm plunging down it at speed :down:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I only started buying jeans again because the skinny leg madness is over. Fashion favours a looser, comfort fit that pleases me greatly.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I like the Levi Strauss story. Started out making workwear for prospectors in the Californian gold-rush.

I believe he coined one of my favourite phrases, because it reminds me to look for alternative ways of doing things;

“If you want to get rich in a gold-rush, sell shovels”

A real entrepreneur/business man.

Not a Donald Trump type business man.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Never really liked them, even when I was young.
Shorts in summer and longs in the winter!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Haven't worn jeans for decades down to a number of reasons, when they get wet, they stay damp for ages making it uncomfortable, but mainly down to to the fact I could never seem to get a pair that fit well on my body.
You can get some very discreet incontinence pads these days x

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
By chance, I wore blue jeans to Fulham yesterday for the first time in decades. Perhaps I'll have to try it more often. I prefer Dickies or similar workwear type canvassy strides or cords (not red - that would be too much of a Fulham Rupert cliche) and shorts April to September inclusive.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
buying purposely damaged goods for a premium is symomatic of some issue in society. it'll be studied in decade to come.
OOh, let me have a go.

When you have lead an empty vacuous purposeless life, you can buy the experience and joy of others by buying their used clobber. Imagine, a pair of jeans, ripped at the knee during vigorous intercourse, and still moist on the thigh from the young lady who had sat there moments earlier, contemplating being penetrated.

And none of the mess. It has all been faked by programmed jean 'distressing' equipment. And washed. Sterilized. Like Lister's kitchen 'utensils'.

What's not to like (apart from all of it)?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
By chance, I wore blue jeans to Fulham yesterday for the first time in decades. Perhaps I'll have to try it more often. I prefer Dickies or similar workwear type canvassy strides or cords (not red - that would be too much of a Fulham Rupert cliche) and shorts April to September inclusive.
Next time you play us, may I suggest you attend without any trousers? Thanks.

:wink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Haven't worn jeans since I was 25; never really liked them much. Too hot in the summer, horrible when they're wet: I wear chinos in winter and shorts the rest of the year.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
By chance, I wore blue jeans to Fulham yesterday for the first time in decades.
Hark at you "Blue Jeans"
I bet you never called them blue jeans when you were younger, what gives grandad ;)
I prefer Dickies or similar workwear type canvassy strides or cords (not red - that would be too much of a Fulham Rupert cliche) and shorts April to September inclusive.
As do I, I wear Carhartt or Dickies now, I used to wear regulation 501's bleached up, grew out of that and then cinch back, Rockabilly dark as they come jeans, without a turn up, but not stupid bucket size turn ups.
I find the Dickies or Carhartt chinos or pants are more comfortable and look cool with baseball pumps or steel toe caps boots and a cat chain.

40/50 year old dudes in skinny jeans is just laughable especially when accompanied with a tight roll neck top busting at the seems around the belly, your not fooling anyone.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I wear jeans, sturdy and comfortable till the knees wear out when they get chucked.......unlike the fashion where you buy them with holes in them WTF!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Jeans
Check shirt
Baseball cap
HOKA boots.

Sturdy. Practical. Reliable.
It’s what ruddy bloody blokes wear

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here