Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Why do we all wear jeans?







beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
35,406
I'm going into town today to buy a pair, as it happens. 32" short leg, in case you were wondering. I favour the "worn in" look, but I don't go as extreme as my son, who likes having those ones with big holes in them.
Whats that all about ?
buying purposely damaged goods for a premium is symomatic of some issue in society. it'll be studied in decade to come.
 






studio150

Well-known member
Jul 30, 2011
29,722
On the Border
Haven't worn jeans for decades down to a number of reasons, when they get wet, they stay damp for ages making it uncomfortable, but mainly down to to the fact I could never seem to get a pair that fit well on my body.
 














Javeaseagull

Well-known member
Feb 22, 2014
2,520
I respectfully disagree. To make it a bit more NSC I'd like to ask what everyone's favourite song about jeans is, and start by proposing this:



Knew a girl, years ago, who always sang “the reverend blue jeans” now it’s stuck in my head. Thanks Angie! :D
 


















The Clamp

Well-known member
NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
24,709
West is BEST
I have a couple of pairs of jeans. But for years didn’t wear them at all.

I mainly wear jeans, combat trousers, chino type things or joggers. It’s good to mix it up.

Anyone who doesn’t think joggers should be worn in public has no style.

Get the right pair of joggers, pair it with the right top and foot wear and you can look golden.

The right top and footwear is not leather jacket and formal shoes. A la Russian gangster.
 


The Clamp

Well-known member
NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
24,709
West is BEST
I like the Levi Strauss story. Started out making workwear for prospectors in the Californian gold-rush.

I believe he coined one of my favourite phrases, because it reminds me to look for alternative ways of doing things;

“If you want to get rich in a gold-rush, sell shovels”
 






HastingsSeagull

Well-known member
Jan 13, 2010
9,314
BGC Manila
Nope, not worn or even owned Jeans in about 10 years. Then again 70% of that I've lived in warmer weather and most of the other 30% wasn't in the West. Not sure if those are parts of it.
 


Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports


Top
Link Here