Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Why do we all wear jeans?

Surely jeans are pretty comfortable once you got your shape into them? More so than chinos or any suit material. I guess joggers are more comfortable but not sure they look that great on anyone much outside the yoof bracket, don't want to look like Blazin Squad's dad

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
If you are able to buy clothes that fit you, jeans tick all the boxes.

They're comfortable, they're durable, they look great (providing you know what size and fit you actually are), and you can wear them in most conditions.

Like all clothing if you're wearing the wrong fit, or have decided that cheap rubbish is fine, then you're going to look crap and be uncomfortable.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I haven't worn jeans for about 20 years, but thanks to this thread I headed into the dark streets of Nantwich this morning to give the charity shops a bashing to find a decent pair.

I've ended up with a green jumper and a pack of 3 pairs of socks. :ROFLMAO:

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Hark at you "Blue Jeans"
I bet you never called them blue jeans when you were younger, what gives grandad ;)

As do I, I wear Carhartt or Dickies now, I used to wear regulation 501's bleached up, grew out of that and then cinch back, Rockabilly dark as they come jeans, without a turn up, but not stupid bucket size turn ups.
I find the Dickies or Carhartt chinos or pants are more comfortable and look cool with baseball pumps or steel toe caps boots and a cat chain.

40/50 year old dudes in skinny jeans is just laughable especially when accompanied with a tight roll neck top busting at the seems around the belly, your not fooling anyone.
Blue Jeans are cool, daddio. Actually, they were almost black pristine Levis engineered jeans bought in the Cats Protection League charidy shop.

I'm currently sporting some Carharrt chinos that are insanely comfortable.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Where do you get your Carhartt jeans from?

Edit: sorry, chinos.
I got mine from a Carhartt shop in Covent Garden about 10 years ago. Oceansports sell Carhartt though I think. A lot of their stuff these days is more fashion than workwear. Mrs Cottager (before she achieved that status) got me some of the workwear on a trip to NY in the late 90s. Both me and my 18yo daughter are still wearing some of it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Where do you get your Carhartt jeans from?

Edit: sorry, chinos.
Well, I get my Carhartt & Dickies mainly from America, I either buy a few pairs when there or get the wife’s family to bring them when they visit, I must have about twenty pair, and probably seven of those still in cellophane.

amazon occasionally have good deals on them, but it’s pot luck, if you do get them from Amazon remember to use the link on NSC to help Bozzas Dublin fund 😉

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Surely jeans are pretty comfortable once you got your shape into them? More so than chinos or any suit material. I guess joggers are more comfortable but not sure they look that great on anyone much outside the yoof bracket, don't want to look like Blazin Squad's dad
I find buying jeans that fit and are comfortable a nightmare. There are no styles designed for people that enjoy leg day at the gym or cycle a lot, or do both. If you have a relatively slim waist and relatively big legs then you've got no chance except baggy skater-boy jeans because everything else is likely too tight at the rear, too big at the waist, or so constricting it's like wearing leggings. There are photos of Chris Hoy in jeans that look like he's wearing tights...I'm not that size by a long stretch, but enough that most jeans don't fit. I know there are many blokes who love wearing incredibly tight jeans, but it's not for me.

I've even gone down a rabbit hole of trying to find out what rugby players do but to no avail beyond "big and tall" which being honest, looks like the kind I used to buy from the Kays catalogue 30 years ago when social anxiety stopped me shopping in real life, and not really what I'd wear now. The only solution I've found is to go a size up (e.g. Uniqlo, Fat Face, White Stuff, Next), sometimes two sizes up (e.g. Diesel, Levi's) or even three (e.g. Reiss), and get them professionally adjusted at the waist which is a pain and an expense that doesn't happen for whatever reason with chinos or suit material that isn't slim fit, where I can always find something that fits OK.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I wear jeans nearly all the time. Leather trousers are SO hard to get off at night.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I find buying jeans that fit and are comfortable a nightmare. There are no styles designed for people that enjoy leg day at the gym or cycle a lot, or do both. If you have a relatively slim waist and relatively big legs then you've got no chance except baggy skater-boy jeans because everything else is likely too tight at the rear, too big at the waist, or so constricting it's like wearing leggings.
Levi 541s?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here