Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do some of us refer to palace as that club up the road when they clearly not?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Just out of interest, @superbhafc, why on earth did you call me out when others were describing you far less pleasantly?

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
Just out of interest, @superbhafc, why on earth did you call me out when others were describing you far less pleasantly?

You annoyed me the most for some reason. I just hate people who are snidey and sarcastic and that is you. You wouldn’t meet in a million years because people like you are gutless. Very brave on the internet but in the real world a complete middleclass pussy. I bet your father was a gutless pussy and your grandfather before that it’s just how people like you roll.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Why do some of us refer to palace as that club up the road when they clearly ...

No the fact they were the closest club for decades does not make it a derby because they were so far away. A derby is local they are not local. When they play Charlton, Millwall its a south london derby because they are local. I stress again we are not local.

About the same distance apart as Norwich and Ipswich. It IS our derby game Johnny

Location, location, location! The most common derby games are based on the proximity of the two clubs involved. Local derbies usually involved clubs battling it out from the same City but can also extend to neighbouring cities or regions. These games provide supporters with the opportunity to contest local bragging rights. As a result they are quite often the most important games on any supporter’s calendar. The Merseyside derby between Everton and Liverpool is one of the most famous examples of a local derby.

Isn't Pompey a derby for Bha ?or south coast derby? Palace are a closer derby and before Crawley became a league team we were the nearest club so it could be called a derby for Brighton fans, But who cares? Derby/Rivalry same difference, nothing club comes close in the hate stakes despite having both new plastic and real old school Bha supporting mates.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I have seen a lot of people on hear refer to the scum as that club up the road. But they are clearly not up the road are they. They are a London club we are a Sussex club with like 40 miles between us. The hate is from past events not from location.

Very strange argument. They clearly are up the road A23

Easy to argue they are not close or local, but your argument depends on the past and existing road network being a figment or everyone's imagination.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You annoyed me the most for some reason. I just hate people who are snidey and sarcastic and that is you. You wouldn’t meet in a million years because people like you are gutless. Very brave on the internet but in the real world a complete middleclass pussy. I bet your father was a gutless pussy and your grandfather before that it’s just how people like you roll.

Hold up a sec. I agreed to meet you and now you are calling me gutless and slagging off my family. Well, consider my invitation revoked.
:ban: time for you, methinks

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Why do some of us refer to palace as that club up the road when they clearly ...

Seems a bit sad that we consider it a derby and they dont though dont you think?

Except they do Johnny, and they really are up the road. I accept on your scooter it is far far away, but for the grown ups that can drive or use a train its really not that far at all.

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
Except they do Johnny, and they really are up the road. I accept on your scooter it is far far away, but for the grown ups its really not that far at all.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr they dont. and what is johnny about are you a plastic cockney?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
in years to come will this be looked back as a 'gold' thread? Insults, threats, people being called out all over whether Palace are up the road definitely got potential.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr they dont. and what is johnny about are you a plastic cockney?

Bless, can you not read what the palace on here have posted? And I know PLENTY of real palace fans who do, along with every Albion fan I know.

Johnny as in Come Lately :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here