Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do some of us refer to palace as that club up the road when they clearly not?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In fact I have demonstated to you how they are most defiantly not a club up the road. They are 40 miles away.

the term "up the road" doesnt imply any distance. they are up the road. you have demostrated only that you are a bit of a plank, to spend your Sunday lunch arguing against the world that a club the other end of a road, are not "up the road".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
the term "up the road" doesnt imply any distance. they are up the road. you have demostrated only that you are a bit of a plank, to spend your Sunday lunch arguing against the world that a club the other end of a road, are not "up the road".

Saved me typing it :thumbsup:

This thread is pedantry of biblical proportions

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
Yes. We have a rivalry with palace. That isn't what you said in your original post, is it.
It's also not that you are a troll for having a minority opinion, it's that you are troll for ignoring all evidence and banging on about the same crap. 18 of your 19 total posts have been on this subject. Troll.

Defiantly? They are a club up the A23. It connects both places. How many miles is irrelevant. You said up the road. That's what they are. Would you like a map? Here it is:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=U...d8nTV&ei=IUf-UavXIIe8OcOBgfgF&ved=0CDAQ-A8wAA
Up the road means local they are not local. The reason most of my posts have been about this matter is because people like you keep posting and I keep responding. Distance does matter. Wow a road connects us to them but if its a 40 odd mile drive that is not up the road is it. You dont leave your house and tell the wife im just popping up the road if youve got a 40 odd mile drive ahead of you do you. You are the troll getting all angry and making accusations. I posted this thread as a tpic of conversation some people have put up there veiw in a good manner you have just charged accusing me of being a troll. Because you dont like what I have to say.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Up the road means local they are not local. The reason most of my posts have been about this matter is because people like you keep posting and I keep responding. Distance does matter. Wow a road connects us to them but if its a 40 odd mile drive that is not up the road is it. You dont leave your house and tell the wife im just popping up the road if youve got a 40 odd mile drive ahead of you do you. You are the troll getting all angry and making accusations. I posted this thread as a tpic of conversation some people have put up there veiw in a good manner you have just charged accusing me of being a troll. Because you dont like what I have to say.

Mummy says it is now dindins and to stop buggering about on your dads computer

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013

The term up the road means local. As '' I am just popping up the road'' and there is no magical road that leads from us directly to the door step of selhurst is there just a road taking us to the area. And as I have explaned before selhurst is not in croydon. And as for your insult I will be at the newport game tuesday night so I am perfectly glad for you to meet me outside the ground and call me that to my face along with all the other people dishing out insults hear I am not impliying violence but I am a believer that if you insult someone online you should be prepared to repeat the insult to their face in person. If you’re not at the Newport game I will also be at the derby game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I feel a flounce coming

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

You are a very dull person.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I take it you have no prblem meeting me on teusday and telling me it to my face then?

lolololololol

:lol:

brass_pentagram_altar_bell.jpg

OR

images

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Firstly it has not been demonstrated as they are 40 miles away and are a london club and we are in sussex. and secondly I am a brighton fan and have been since I was a kid. Why is it that every time someone says something the majority dont agree with you are labelled a troll. What we have with palace is a huge rivalry not a derby.

Brighton since you were a kid? I bet you've been an armchair supporter from a Premiership team for most of that time :lol:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
The term up the road means local. As '' I am just popping up the road'' and there is no magical road that leads from us directly to the door step of selhurst is there just a road taking us to the area. And as I have explaned before selhurst is not in croydon. And as for your insult I will be at the newport game tuesday night so I am perfectly glad for you to meet me outside the ground and call me that to my face along with all the other people dishing out insults hear I am not impliying violence but I am a believer that if you insult someone online you should be prepared to repeat the insult to their face in person. If you’re not at the Newport game I will also be at the derby game.

Are you calling out just the one poster or the whole forum? Please remember I did not insult you, I am not a good fightist!

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
Only if TLO or US turn up.

Your gutless willing to dish it out online but scared of saying the same things in person. Message me the time and place Tuesday befor the game and we can have a good discussion about insulting people online.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I take it you have no prblem meeting me on teusday and telling me it to my face then?

That's not going to work, now is it? I'll say "Cool. See you in the Amex" and then you'll turn up at the American Express building in Edward Street and wonder why I'm not there. Or you'll suggest that outside the Amex constitutes the West Stand reception and no other part of the site.
I'll play the game, though. Ok, I'll meet you up the road :)

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
Are you calling out just the one poster or the whole forum? Please remember I did not insult you, I am not a good fightist!

Just the people that are willing to call people thick, planks and trolls. I didnt say anything about a fight I am just intrested to see if they feel as comfortable saying this stuff in person

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here