Why do some of us refer to palace as that club up the road when they clearly not?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
That's not going to work, now is it? I'll say "Cool. See you in the Amex" and then you'll turn up at the American Express building in Edward Street and wonder why I'm not there. Or you'll suggest that outside the Amex constitutes the West Stand reception and no other part of the site.
I'll play the game, though. Ok, I'll meet you up the road :)

no no no name an exact place and I will meet you. I will ot attack you as I am not stupid I dont want trouble and a life time albion ban for fighting outside the stadium I just wnt you to meet me and repeat the stuff you have been saying to my face.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Just the people that are willing to call people thick, planks and trolls. I didnt say anything about a fight I am just intrested to see if they feel as comfortable saying this stuff in person

You seem overly keen about this. There are better ways to make new friends. You should probably also be prepared to be called worse than dull or a plank, if you have any interest in sticking around here.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
no no no name an exact place and I will meet you. I will ot attack you as I am not stupid I dont want trouble and a life time albion ban for fighting outside the stadium I just wnt you to meet me and repeat the stuff you have been saying to my face.

I can call you very dull to your face if you like? I'll be there on tuesday.

Last edited:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Just the people that are willing to call people thick, planks and trolls. I didnt say anything about a fight I am just intrested to see if they feel as comfortable saying this stuff in person

I was joking earlier about the heartfelt tribute but this is a very combative forum, insults are normal and compliments are very few, so far the forum members have been kind to you, trust me you will know when they actually get nasty:albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You seem overly keen about this. There are better ways to make new friends. You should probably also be prepared to be called worse than dull or a plank, if you have any interest in sticking around here.

You were happy to meet me outside Withdean :lolol:

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
I am prepared to be called worse but I just believe if some insults another person no matter how small the insult they should be prepared to repeat to that persons face.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...If you’re not at the Newport game I will also be at the derby game.

didnt you hear, Palace got promoted so there wont be a derby game this season. :moo:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I am prepared to be called worse but I just believe if some insults another person no matter how small the insult they should be prepared to repeat to that persons face.
keep-calm-because-yolo-24.png

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
@super bhafc has sent a pm thanking me for my honour. I imagine we'll become the best of friends

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
@super bhafc has sent a pm thanking me for my honour. I imagine we'll become the best of friends

How will you recognise each other?

Carnations in lapels
Rolled newspaper under the arm
Full wanker kit

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Why do some of us refer to palace as that club up the road when they clearly no

A derby is a passionate, fiery match between two clubs. A local derby is when the teams are close geographically.

Palace are the nearest team to us (still don't really count the creepies as a proper club).
So is it a local derby to us, but not to them?

Either way, I don't see the problem with referring to them as 'the club up the road'. :shrug:

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
A derby is a passionate, fiery match between two clubs. A local derby is when the teams are close geographically.

Palace are the nearest team to us (still don't really count the creepies as a proper club).
So is it a local derby to us, but not to them?

Either way, I don't see the problem with referring to them as 'the club up the road'. :shrug:
Best post on this thread, We are not considerd a local team to them at all, their local clubs are millwall and charlton then after that every single london club befor us. But they consider us as there biggest rivals I work with a load of palace and this is the genral consensus out of past events not location.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports