[Albion] Why didn't we get the penalty?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yeah but my point is that if the lino hadn’t flagged the goals would have stood in the current VAR climate. If the wanker homer of a ref had given a penalty yesterday it would not have been over ruled by VAR.

Why would they, both goals were offside, I believe that VAR is still checking every goal scored to see if it should stand.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I may be missing something here, (and I can't see that anyone else has pointed this out) but Maupay is clearly clipped twice here, once by Krull and then just after by the defender (you can see from the first replay from the camera behind the goal). Its alternate feet for Maupay. I suspect its the combination of both clips that brings him down and probably why Krull reacted as he did because he did not realise that the defender had also clipped him.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I may be missing something here, (and I can't see that anyone else has pointed this out) but Maupay is clearly clipped twice here, once by Krull and then just after by the defender (you can see from the first replay from the camera behind the goal). Its alternate feet for Maupay. I suspect its the combination of both clips that brings him down and probably why Krull reacted as he did because he did not realise that the defender had also clipped him.

Yes, you're right - hadn't seen that. It's basically why Maupay can't stay on his feet or regain his balance - both feet are going down in the wrong places.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Agree with this. Should have been a penalty.
Maupay didn't get much protection yesterday. In one incident he was pushed over with both arms which made me think that there's some ref's diktat this season that says pushing Maupay over with both arms doesn't constitute a foul.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I think Maupay got himself a reputation amongst refs and isn't getting the rub of the green. I'm aware this shouldn't even be a thing

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And Maupay gets dive of the week on 5 live

Those two plums. They are stealing a living by making themsleves cults. Very topical on NSC at the moment ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports