Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why did we buy Adam Webster?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nope, they just couldn’t cope with the speed of thought, skill and movement they floundered at times

My only complaint was that we didn’t take our chances and March’s decision making when attacking is shit

For me it was quite an uplifting 0-4 but then I hated the way we played last year so I am easily pleased. :smile:

:bowdown: positive supporter.

I’ll admit to be a sore loser. 4-0 defeats hurt.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nope, they just couldn’t cope with the speed of thought, skill and movement they floundered at times

My only complaint was that we didn’t take our chances and March’s decision making when attacking is shit

For me it was quite an uplifting 0-4 but then I hated the way we played last year so I am easily pleased. :smile:

LoL - I hated it!!!

Thought Webster was the pick of our players in a way though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
LoL - I hated it!!!

Thought Webster was the pick of our players in a way though.

Me too re Webster. We would have lost however we set up but if we’d taken just a couple of our chances today it could have been a very different game.

We all knew that it would take a while for us to play the Potter way, we are learning much quicker than I thought we would. At times we played some quality football

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I thought Webster played well. Fantastic run in the first half before Laporte fouled him (and injured himself in the process)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Me too re Webster. We would have lost however we set up but if we’d taken just a couple of our chances today it could have been a very different game.

Yes fully agree re Solly's decision making and others at times as well.

From that perspective we are no better than last year, and arguably worse, because we're making poor decisions more regularly now....... The question is when does it become stupidity?

D

Deleted member 2719

Great to hear he had a good match against a team such as City.

Great future.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm still going to hold onto the belief it's a mental thing over a footballing issue, but that theory really doesn't have much more life in it.
(although naturally I'll flog it to the bitter end).

He's just too good a footballer to only have 9 ( ? ) career goals and not too many more assists.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Interesting to see peoples different views on Webster's performance today. I think he looked positive on the ball but poor off of it. He got drawn to the ball in midfield too often, allowing a world class team to exploit the space behind him. Most City attacks went down our right. Not a terrible performance but not great either. I'd rather see Duffy in the squad.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Bet Duffy not happy about being dropped today. Can’t really see the logic here, plenty of cup games coming up to blood Webster

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bet Duffy not happy about being dropped today. Can’t really see the logic here, plenty of cup games coming up to blood Webster
Duffy's not a baller better to get it out the way sooner rather than later.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I
I saw some good things from him today. We stuck to our game plan but we were outclassed and nobody had a great game imo. Ryan didn’t save anything, all the forwards fluffed their opportunities, the full backs got found out as did the CBs

Strangely though I enjoyed the game, an Albion team going toe to toe with City away from home, who’d have thunk it. We’d have lost however we set up.

Good things coming when we play non top six teams I think

So you thought it was same or better than the semi final?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
His passing through the lines is exceptional off both feet, like the way he carries the ball forward as well. Like Burn though, positioning needs work.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A
I

So you thought it was same or better than the semi final?

We were never going to win either game but I enjoyed today way more than the semi final apart from the five minutes where, once again, we were unable to take a couple of chances. The semi final was damage limitation and today we took the game to City. We lost by more but I was far more impressed with our quality of play. Defending in depth doesn’t float my boat when you have absolutely no chance of winning. Entertain me, which we did today, if a loss is nailed on

All City’s goals were absolute quality. Ryan saved nothing of note

We need ro keep playing this way because it’s new and the players will get better at it. I’d have been really disappointed if we’d played with “these are a good team” mentality. We need to make the step up. It worked for two seasons. I’d rather get relegated than continue with that absolute borefest

Pep’s comments are spot on

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola: "The game was tough. The result was 4-0 but the performance not because they did really well.

"Few teams come here to play with this courage. The difference? My players up front are incredibly good and they make the difference."

Last edited:

Duffy's not a baller better to get it out the way sooner rather than later.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well for me that would be the dumbest move since we offloaded Glenn Murray

A

We were never going to win either game but I enjoyed today way more than the semi final apart from the five minutes where, once again, we were unable to take a couple of chances. The semi final was damage limitation and today we took the game to City. We lost by more but I was far more impressed with our quality of play. Defending in depth doesn’t float my boat when you have absolutely no chance of winning. Entertain me, which we did today, if a loss is nailed on

All City’s goals were absolute quality. Ryan saved nothing of note

Pep’s comments are spot on

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola: "The game was tough. The result was 4-0 but the performance not because they did really well.

"Few teams come here to play with this courage. The difference? My players up front are incredibly good and they make the difference."

I was a perennial critic of Hughton’s deep defending so I appreciate what you say. But getting beat four nil is not entertaining or a step forward in my book but granted I was only following at home

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was a perennial critic of Hughton’s deep defending so I appreciate what you say. But getting beat four nil is not entertaining or a step forward in my book but granted I was only following at home

So you didn’t watch a stream then? If not then yes it would have been very depressing. We played some lovely one touch footbal but in Aguero and De Bruyne they had world class players who delivered in style on the day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here