Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why did the boos happen and/or who was targeted?

What was the booing all about?

• Booing individual player(s)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Booing the team as a whole

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Booing Graham Potter

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Booing out of frustration

Votes: 234 87.6%
  • Something else (please state)

Votes: 17 6.4%

• Total voters

Scoring gulls

Nov 28, 2021
My take on it is was largely aimed at Craig Pawson who had a shocker.

...ummm, 100% this! Don't understand why more people haven't brought this up. I was in East Lower. Boo-ing actually started when the injury time was announced as 2mins, which was obviously a joke as they'd had a player down for a head injury for about 4 or 5 mins for a start. And then I think there was also a referring decision in the injury time which people didn't like (can't remember what exactly), so there were a very small number of boos at the end which I'm pretty sure were just aimed at the ref.

It was a frustrating day that's for sure that once again we made a shedload of chances and couldn't put the ball in the back of the net, but it's a real shame if Potter and the players get the message that the team was being boo-ed. I really don't think that's what was happening, and very far from the truth. We've been playing a level of football this season and last which is way above anything we've ever achieved before. Potter is a god.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My point is, we did everything in our power to beat Leeds other than score a goal. No one can say to me after Saturday, if only we attacked more, crossed more, broke more, created more, because we did everything and more required to win a football match, accept tapping a chance in, and this week we are talking tap ins.

So while not beating Leeds is immensely frustrating, it’s not like we didn’t turn up and make a right hash of a game. It’s a repeating narrative, but we are difficult to beat and we create a lot of chances. Sorry, but I left Saturday very frustrated, but can be satisfied with much of our tactics, play and effort.

So yes, we should have beaten Leeds, everyone with functioning eyesight could see that, but we were in that positioned with how we played, not on what the other team’s previous games were like.

Which is all fine and dandy but doesn't answer the point I was making.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Look, it would be really helpful if you didn't insist on dissecting my post 0-0 Monday morning rants by presenting me with rational counter-arguments.

Post of the Year. Well said Bry Nylon.

See at the London Stadium on Wednesday for another opportunity to support, beyond any reasonable doubt, the best team that's ever worn the best shirt in football. #uta #potterball #uncletony

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Which is all fine and dandy but doesn't answer the point I was making.

Well, you seemed to be saying we should be beating those sides regardless of what actually happens, so anything less than a win is a disappointment. If only sport were that black and white.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, you seemed to be saying we should be beating those sides regardless of what actually happens, so anything less than a win is a disappointment. If only sport were that black and white.

Ah you see that's where you (and our Swedish 'friend') are wrong, you have both responded to the edited highlight from El Presidente, as opposed to the conversation we were actually having.

Shame on you Bold - not in the slightest bit surprising from the other poster.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ah you see that's where you (and our Swedish 'friend') are wrong, you have both responded to the edited highlight from El Presidente, as opposed to the conversation we were actually having.

Shame on you Bold - not in the slightest bit surprising from the other poster.

Right, you could have corrected that earlier to be fair. :D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Out of interest, who said we have no right to win against Leeds?

Because that's the rhetoric that gets trotted out in the wake of all poor performances.

Or whenever the occasional good (excellent in the case of Liverpool) result is somehow used to validate the dross, as you did.

You did it yourself when you posted:-

Should be beaten because…?

As said then, you can't have it both ways.

You can't write 'but look at the Liverpool performance'.

Only to then question the right to beat Leeds at home, who were absolutely pitiful.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Because that's the rhetoric that gets trotted out in the wake of all poor performances.

Or whenever the occasional good (excellent in the case of Liverpool) result is somehow used to validate the dross, as you did.

Only to then question the right to beat Leeds at home, who were absolutely pitiful.

You don't appear to understand the English language. Once again, who specifically said we had no right to win against Leeds? When I stated "Should be beaten because" that is not the same as "We have no right to win against Leeds".

As for Saturday, you call it dross, I don't. I thought we were the better team, had some excellent individual performances, especially Lamptey, Trossard and Cucurella, and overall it was a good performance let down by poor finishing, but if you thought those players were dross, then we should perhaps agree to disagree. You can continue to think they are dross and I won't.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

There might be some middle ground between "should win" and "no right to win".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You don't appear to understand the English language. Once again, who specifically said we had no right to win against Leeds? When I stated "Should be beaten because" that is not the same as "We have no right to win against Leeds".
Fair comment, although I'm sure I can easily get that stamp away from conversing with you.

As for Saturday, you call it dross, I don't. I thought we were the better team, had some excellent individual performances, especially Lamptey, Trossard and Cucurella, and overall it was a good performance let down by poor finishing, but if you thought those players were dross, then we should perhaps agree to disagree. You can continue to think they are dross and I won't.

I wasn't calling out yesterday specifically as dross.

More so the collective dross of either:-

Not winning despite the oppositions best attempts to help us win.(Leeds)
Not winning due to the completely avoidable error(s).
Not winning because of no shots on goal (I'm looking at you Villa)

and the relentlessness in which they keep happening.

For The Leeds game the team was excellent all over the pitch, except for one position, we can all have off days - no problem.

But it's not an off day and I don't have to say anymore about that because Jonny Liew has already done it far better.

"...But we won against City" is an absolute red rag to me because with the best will in the world that's a bullshit response for all the reasons I've mentioned.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Fair comment, although I'm sure I can easily get that stamp away from conversing with you.

I wasn't calling out yesterday specifically as dross.

More so the collective dross of either:-

Not winning despite the oppositions best attempts to help us win.(Leeds)
Not winning due to the completely avoidable error(s).
Not winning because of no shots on goal (I'm looking at you Villa)

and the relentlessness in which they keep happening.

For The Leeds game the team was excellent all over the pitch, except for one position, we can all have off days - no problem.

But it's not an off day and I don't have to say anymore about that because Jonny Liew has already done it far better.

"...But we won against City" is an absolute red rag to me because with the best will in the world that's a bullshit response for all the reasons I've mentioned.

I honestly think you are supporting the wrong team, as I've had 50 years too of the Albion and if what we have now is dross you must have been on drugs for a large part of the last half-century.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I honestly think you are supporting the wrong team, as I've had 50 years too of the Albion and if what we have now is dross you must have been on drugs for a large part of the last half-century.

Ok so now it's time for you to let go of 'dross'

How does 'the same f**king shite over and over again, despite still managing to be fantastic in the process', sound instead? :lol:

It's so frustrating it almost hurts.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ok so now it's time for you to let go of 'dross'

How does 'the same f**king shite over and over again, despite still managing to be fantastic in the process', sound instead? :lol:

It's so frustrating it almost hurts.

You think we are f**king shite and I don’t. Let’s just agree to disagree.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
[tweet]1465319706282401795[/tweet]

This is better.

Much more conciliatory, much more recognition that there's a diversity of views around this.

The first step in patching things up.

I'm not convinced about the we want to be a top 10 club so we need a top 10 environment. I've been to Arsenal and others where it's way worse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

No because that couldn't be further from the truth.

I think we are one player away from being better than I have any right to expect.

The major issue I have is that has been the case for the last 2 seasons.

But worst still the very end of the rainbow (sneaking into Europe/lifting a trophy at Wembley) is so obviously in touching distance, with this ownership and this manager, to fail now would be so hard to take.

No amount of "but we beat Man City" (in a dead rubber game) makes that any more palatable.

I didn't set these goals.
I was just as happy being a malcontent in the 4th division as I am now.

But now that I'm here, the very last thing I want is 'just look what you could have won'.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No because that couldn't be further from the truth.

I think we are one player away from being better than I have any right to expect.

The major issue I have is that has been the case for the last 2 seasons.

But worst still the very end of the rainbow (sneaking into Europe/lifting a trophy at Wembley) is so obviously in touching distance, with this ownership and this manager, to fail now would be so hard to take.

No amount of "but we beat Man City" (in a dead rubber game) makes that any more palatable.

I didn't set these goals.
I was just as happy being a malcontent in the 4th division as I am now.

But now that I'm here, the very last thing I want is 'just look what you could have won'.

Do you think the lack of a 20 goal striker is due to the club not trying or lack of budget?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

I have a dog, and you can put people who own dogs into 2 categories; dog owners and pet owners.

Dog owners love other dogs, understand some dogs have fear issues, aggression issues, can be difficult and are sensitive to other owners and sympathise with difficulties they maybe facing.

Pet owners have a dog, but they are only interested in their dog. Have no interest in other dogs, quite happily let their dogs run up to dogs on leads that might be a handful, get all shitty if a dog happens to bark at their dog etc.

Football fans are a lot like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here