Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Did Murray Not Start?!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Gus trying to make a point to Glenn possibly? Looks like it badly misfired. Glenn is by far the best player we have and we need to recognise this, and soon, before someone makes him an offer he can't refuse.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Error by Gus. A rare one. Without him we struggle to score.

If he needed to be rested, then he should have started and substituted at HT, rather than come on as a sub too late.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Will start on tues surely. Barnes had his chance today and sounded fairly anonymous. Murray has the best quality with the ball at his feet out of any player at the club, including Bennett. Has to start every game if fit for me.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If Glenn is off and we don't replace him with someone equally as good, we will NOT go up. I know that Bloom is a risk taker but letting Glenn go, and relying on Wood/Barnes, is not a gamble that will pay off.

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
Facebook group saying rumours hes off, please f**k no, today shows what he brings to the team

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Without him we struggle to score.

Agree with that 100% Personally I believe him to be more important to the team and to keep hold of than Bennett. Not saying EB isn't important, as he clearly is, but if only one could stay, I'd pick Glenn.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Agree with that 100% Personally I believe him to be more important to the team and to keep hold of than Bennett. Not saying EB isn't important, as he clearly is, but if only one could stay, I'd pick Glenn.

100% agreed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Might be an offer has come in which the club is mulling over.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We have ALOT of games coming thick and fast. Colchester, watford, orient, brovers all in a short space of time. Could be just resting him?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
seems odd that he rests him in a game that is a very important one this year, ie against a team that is capable of catching us should we slip up.

He may have been carrying an injury ( like I said afer the Peterboro game, he seemed to limp off when substituted in the second half)

very odd

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Gus has rested/dropped Murray many times this season and each type he gas come back stronger. That would suggest Gus knows what he is doing.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Gus' interview was quite telling. He clearly doesn't rate Murray as highly as the rest of us do.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Gus has rested/dropped Murray many times this season and each type he gas come back stronger. That would suggest Gus knows what he is doing.

Let's hope so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here