Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are you not happy being a Brighton fan right now?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im happy mostly . I just hate midweek amex games and unless we beat qpr in our last one (im not counting NYD) then Im not bothering anymore with midweeks. Its a ball ache to get to a ball ache to leave and you just know we are going to lose or limp to a pathetic draw. If we got a win all that nonesense is forgotten and by god do thwy owe us a decent midweek performance. Its been what three years. We have limped to wins over gillingham (league cup) , derby, (who were mid table fodder) bristol city (who went down) and erm peterboro (who went down) Great. One game v sunderland in our first season when we were on a high prior to our usual nov slump is hardly pulling up trees.

I love sat homes and aways. Even midweek aways. But not homes.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm happy and I know it and I'm clapping my hands.

Later I will stamp my feet as a further expression of happiness.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Pointless post. Obviously there will be injuries before the end of the season, but we would be unlucky to be ravaged as badly as we have.

Not pointless at all. I worry everyone seems to think when the players come back everything will be fine and dandy with no more injuries and we will steamroll the division.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some people are just happy being pessimistic and miserable aren't they.

It is a simple statement of fact, that is all. Judge me on it, if you want.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Your fairly happy but thinking of not renewing your season ticket? Weird sense of perspective you have.

If you read my post properly you will note that I really have no intention of not renewing my season ticket. And, by the way, it's "you're".

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I was not happy with the team after Tuesday game, but I don't expect us to play great and win every game. As long as this was just a blip, I will happy again. I have no expectation that we will win on Saturday just hope for a better performance, and look like we are trying to win.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Generally very happy but the playing side is going backwards and I think OG will eventually be replaced at the end of the season in favour of a traditional Manager rather than this head coach nonsense.

Methinks your comment about the possible replacement of OG by a traditional manager doth belie your name, captain Sensible.

I would have thought that, on current evidence, that is not likely to happen.

In response to the OP, I am overall fairly happy. If we did not lose the odd game here and there that we were expected to win, life would be boring.

I would still work on the basis that the first goal is to avoid relegation, and anything more is a bonus. I still believe we could end up doing fairly well this season, which is less that half-way through.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm pretty happy at the moment. We are doing the best we can at the moment with half a team. Not expecting great things this season, it's looking like one 'those' years this year. Hopefully we can pick up when we have a fully fit squad to choose from and OG and get to pick his best team.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It is a simple statement of fact, that is all. Judge me on it, if you want.

It's a simple statement of fact that anyone who drives to work could die in a car crash on the way home, but I don't feel the need to point it out every day.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm happy and I know it and I'm clapping my hands.

Later I will stamp my feet as a further expression of happiness.

You certainly seem to be keen to show it as well.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I am happy being a Brighton Fan "Right Now" and I always have been and always will be.

There are always going to be transient/temporary bouts of unhappiness, that's part of supporting a football club. I am unhappy that we missed a golden opportunity to get to the Prem last season, I am unhappy that we lost to Barnsley on Tuesday and no doubt proper fans of Leicester are unhappy that they lost to Sheff Wed the same night, fans of Man U probably feel the same way re the Everton result.

At the end of the day I am happy that I support my home town club and I am always proud to tell people I support Brighton.

Well said, in every respect. The only thing I can't mirror there is the "home-town club", but I am now an STH again for the team I supported and watched regularly as a boy in Sussex in the 1960's, and have followed avidly ever since.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I am happy being a Brighton Fan "Right Now" and I always have been and always will be.

There are always going to be transient/temporary bouts of unhappiness, that's part of supporting a football club. I am unhappy that we missed a golden opportunity to get to the Prem last season, I am unhappy that we lost to Barnsley on Tuesday and no doubt proper fans of Leicester are unhappy that they lost to Sheff Wed the same night, fans of Man U probably feel the same way re the Everton result.

At the end of the day I am happy that I support my home town club and I am always proud to tell people I support Brighton.

Bullseye.

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
I'm happy! we're in touch with the playoffs despite the huge injury list. Crowds average 26K and the pies are good.

Remember, there's always someone worse off than you - ask the Blackburn fans!!

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Am NOT happy I have a toothache. Christmas work dinner tonight and Footy tomorrow, could be ruined by it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here