Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] why are we so s*** at corners?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s painful to see, a massive anti-climax every time we’re given one. We should just let the opposition have a goal kick, would be more dangerous.

Or let Mac Allister take some. Gross is a brilliant player and has been a wonderful servant for us but his set pieces have been awful for years. As wonderful as Solly is, his are no better either.

Whenever Trossard took Set pieces, they were always more dangerous. It’s genuinely a mystery why we’ve persisted with Gross and March taking them for so long.
That’s why we don’t react to them being awarded at all.

Just a wry comment about the crowd and “you know nothing will come of this”.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
And even when we've managed to find one of our own players in a good position, we generally put it in the stands. Dunk has been off it this season, but Webster is as poor a finisher at this level.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Is it not case, that very few goals are scored from corners generally? That being said, we are especially gash at them.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Is it not case, that very few goals are scored from corners generally? That being said, we are especially gash at them.
& Muff just scored from one - so I’m full of it 😂😂

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Gurdiola when at Barca was making this point a lot in regards to his team always playing it short from the corners.

I think this whole just launching the ball into an area where the opposition keeper has the main advantage with height, is a bit mindless. Surely there has to be a better corner drill? Why not even just try and score straight from the corner to the near post everytime? Something has to be better than the ‘put it into the box and hope for the best’ strategy everyone uses which hardly ever works?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In order, the players we have capable of scoring from a corner

Dunk,
Webster,
Welbeck

er

Shane Duffy :shrug:

Maybe it's time for short corners, we seem to be quite good with the ball on the floor :wink:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Posted earlier in the thread that 2% of corners result in a goal usually and we’re below that even.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Webster scored from one against Chelsea a few years ago - apart from that I am struggling to remember one of ours.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I think its a refrain of most teams to be honest. Not many goals are scored from corners. There easier to defend than score. We might wanna change it up a bit and try a few short routines. I do t even get excited when we get a corner any more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here