Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are folk seemingly negative about us going up to the Prem?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Pot kettle black.

Just because some other teams have made a hash of trying to stay up - doesnt mean we'll go the same way. You have a poor argument and have resulted to a pretty poor comment as a reply, someone needs to grow up......

Hull havent done too badly this season as it happens, Swansea havent had a bad few years (though this year wasnt their greatest), West Brom havent been bad (again, excluding this year) and its the same for Norwich. Cardiff were a circus club so it was obvious they were going down and Fulham have overpaid players who couldnt care, similarly they tried throwing money at a problem which solves nothing.

'Havn't done too badly.' 'Havn't been bad.'

£60 tickets to watch at best not be bad. Brilliant.

Now, how would you like me to rearrange this post for your next reply, I must have said it at least 4 times now.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Personally I think our biggest problem is a lack of quality players. How many of the current squad are close to the Premier League quality IF we make it ... and it's a very big "IF"?

Probably only:
- Upson (one more season max)
- Ward (if we sign him)
- Orlandi (maybe)
- Stephens (maybe)
- CMS (maybe)
- Ulloa (doubtful)
plus Dunk, Ince and March might be able to make the step up.

The rest are probably not good enough. That's not much of a team to build on.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
'Havn't done too badly.' 'Havn't been bad.'

£60 tickets to watch at best not be bad. Brilliant.

Now, how would you like me to rearrange this post for your next reply, I must have said it at least 4 times now.

Swansea - £35
Norwich - £30 - £50
Hull - £22 - £35
WBA - £25 - £39
Everton - £38 - £44
Man City - £30 - £51
Newcastle - £26 - £36

Yep, all £60 arent they. In fact, only Chelsea and Arsenal charge £60 for away fans and even then that is for Category A teams, which we certainly wouldnt be (except for Palace and maybe Southampton due to rivalries). Yes, its expensive and we all know you love PL pricing, but a quick Google shows it really isnt THAT bad. Ipswich and Forest charged us over £30 this season for example.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Personally I think our biggest problem is a lack of quality players. How many of the current squad are close to the Premier League quality IF we make it ... and it's a very big "IF"?

Probably only:
- Upson (one more season max)
- Ward (if we sign him)
- Orlandi (maybe)
- Stephens (maybe)
- CMS (maybe)
- Ulloa (doubtful)
plus Dunk, Ince and March might be able to make the step up.

The rest are probably not good enough. That's not much of a team to build on.

Er.....

PIG has played over 60 times for United.
Bruno has played loads of his career in La Liga's top flight.
Buckley and Kaz will walk it in the Prem, especially Buckley.
With a kick up the bum Agustien will shine in the Prem.
Crofts has Premiership experience.
Ulloa doubtful - are you mad?

JFC will be there very soon.

We'll do just fine thank you.

A couple of extra players such as a good creative midfielder and a genuine goal scorer and we will hit the ground running.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Swansea - £35
Norwich - £30 - £50
Hull - £22 - £35
WBA - £25 - £39
Everton - £38 - £44
Man City - £30 - £51
Newcastle - £26 - £36

Yep, all £60 arent they. In fact, only Chelsea and Arsenal charge £60 for away fans and even then that is for Category A teams, which we certainly wouldnt be (except for Palace and maybe Southampton due to rivalries). Yes, its expensive and we all know you love PL pricing, but a quick Google shows it really isnt THAT bad. Ipswich and Forest charged us over £30 this season for example.

:lolol:

Ladies and Gentleman we have found one. The only person in the entire world mental enough to stand up and defend prices in the premiership.

Absolute bellend status, confirmed.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

Ladies and Gentleman we have found one. The only person in the entire world mental enough to stand up and defend prices in the premiership.

WBA doesn't seem too expensive to be fair.
Or Hull.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Where did I say the prices were acceptable ? £20 should be the absolute maximum for any away ticket. I was merely correcting you when you said tickets were £60 - in which you were completely wrong, but yet you cant accept it.

Feb 14, 2010
Where did I say the prices were acceptable ? £20 should be the absolute maximum for any away ticket. I was merely correcting you when you said tickets were £60 - in which you were completely wrong, but yet you cant accept it.

Er who are you to fix prices? Mate we live thankfully in a free country and a free market country. Supply and demand will determine prices. That is why Brighton need a larger ground if we play in the premier league, because without an increase in supply and a larger demand, prices will rise.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Er who are you to fix prices? Mate we live thankfully in a free country and a free market country. Supply and demand will determine prices. That is why Brighton need a larger ground if we play in the premier league, because without an increase in supply and a larger demand, prices will rise.

Because its my personal opinion. Thought you were against modern football and all that, which includes high ticket prices ?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Obviously, (OBVIOUSLY!!!!) £60 is being used as a metaphor for the sky high price of attending premier league football. So of course, I don't need to accept anything and there's nothing for you to correct, because it is a metaphor.

You're such a tedious person to have any discussion with because rather than sticking to the point you try and score points on things complete irrelevant to the conversation which actually make perfect sense to everyone except you. It's as much of a chore as reading a book with a young child.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Are you mad?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Er.....

PIG has played over 60 times for United.
Bruno has played loads of his career in La Liga's top flight.
Buckley and Kaz will walk it in the Prem, especially Buckley.
With a kick up the bum Agustien will shine in the Prem.
Crofts has Premiership experience.
Ulloa doubtful - are you mad?

JFC will be there very soon.

We'll do just fine thank you.

A couple of extra players such as a good creative midfielder and a genuine goal scorer and we will hit the ground running.

I know Kuszczack has Premier experience, but his recent form has not been the best and still question his distribution.
Can't see Bruno stepping up a division. He can all too often be a liability at this level.
Buckley no way unless he captures last season's form and we haven't seen anything close to that recently.
KLL I just don't see cutting it in the Prem.
Crofts, maybe, but he didn't make it with Norwich.
Agustein has surely been there before with Swansea and didn't make it?
Ulloa's form has been sliding steadily downhill and I would echo my comments about Buckley.
JFC no way.

Three players we should maybe try and acquire if we go up are Noone who has done well at the top level, Bennett (is he still injured?), and maybe Bobby.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Yeh but if we were to go up would it ever change? What teams in the Prem do well and survive without massive outside investment? Palace obviously but how will they cope in their second season? Maybe Stoke? Swansea but they've not had a great year have they? Look beyond that and it's either teams getting gates 2-3 times what we can achieve or teams with massive money behind them. Even if we do go up we're always going to be ultimately struggling with a target of doing little more than staying up.
Look at the cash a team like Fulham have spent and they will be slumming it in the Championship next year, with Bloom at the helm we'd never be able to invest to the point where we'd be able to push on up the league and try to break the top 7.

Well I once again say I do understand, some of us oldens will remember previously when we've been in the top league only as you say to struggle. But where do you go..... surely not just to keep winning more than you lose in the Championship but never get promotion? It's all a bit of a Catch22 really, you go home most Saturdays pleased you've won in the championship. Or crawl home pizzed off because you've lost to Stoke in the Prem. If I'm not mistaken in the late 80s our gates were at one time less in the first than they had been in the second. But gotta hope to achieve surely?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Well I once again say I do understand, some of us oldens will remember previously when we've been in the top league only as you say to struggle. But where do you go..... surely not just to keep winning more than you lose in the Championship but never get promotion? It's all a bit of a Catch22 really, you go home most Saturdays pleased you've won in the championship. Or crawl home pizzed off because you've lost to Stoke in the Prem. If I'm not mistaken in the late 80s our gates were at one time less in the first than they had been in the second. But gotta hope to achieve surely?

Have to agree. Whilst competing at the top end of the Championship is perhaps more entertaining than struggling in the Premier League, the ridiculous financial mismatch means just one season in the top flight puts you at a massive advantage over those in the Championship who haven't been there. One of my best friends who is a Palace ST holder, whilst resigned to relegation early on, was still loving seeing his team against the best in the country. Is that not what we want ? To be playing against the best. Man City got beat by Cardiff early on, who are now down. Palace, is anyone arguing they are a bigger club than us ?, have just drawn 3-3 with the team that were until a couple of weeks ago, nailed on for the title. Yes of course we'd need strengthening big time, but I trust Tony would do what's needed, and we would at least be reasonably competitive.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
A friend of mine who's a Reading supporter told me he preferred the Championship where the team had a chance of winning something (promotion or playoffs), than the PL where many more games were lost than won and there was no realistic chance of achieving anything other than avoiding relegation.

He was still gutted by Saturday's results though!

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I am ambitious so I want to go up. I think once we are there we can build on that, and if we come straight back down so what? What difference would it really make?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here