Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why am I all a bit m-eh?

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
It's my birthday this Saturday, so I thought I would go to Leeds with the wife and kids. I then thought about the cost of five of us going. I then got invited to a wedding reception Saturday night. I then got a tee time for a golf comp with many many prizes on Saturday morning. I was still in the shall/I shan't I go mode, then went to both friendlies and although I enjoyed them, I am still a bit meh.

Sod it, Golf and Wedding with the birthday drinks, footy can wait until Derby or maybe Newport...

Happy Birthday Birdie Boy !! Its my birthday this Saturday too - I will be spending the day at a spa with my daughter so wont even be listening to leeds match on the radio. Having been at the Norwich match last night I am sooo excited about this season, its going to be a great one :) x :birthday:

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
I'm usually a bit m'eh at the start of the season, I think the last couple were more the exception with the excitement of coming home, and then the expectation of a top season. Now I think I'm back to my usual m'eh, partly because

-I don't know enough about Agustien or Chicksen to be excited by their signing, and other than that the squad is currently the same
-the gus situation
-play off defeat
-new manager leading to the unknown onfield prospects
-I really don't like the new kits
-I don't feel like I've had a chance to miss football this summer, which is odd as I can't really remember watching much the last couple of months.
-new kit, new manager, new caterers, new astroturf, new concourses, etc... it feels like meeting a distant relative after a long absence rather than returning to a lover after a short period apart
-I think there's probably a degree of apprehension about how NSC may react (if we're successful there'll be loads of posts dismissing Gus's contribution both historical and the more direct impact on most of our players, if we struggle there be loads of posts claiming he should have never been sacked and everything will be dredged up again)
-I can see a lot of chants about changing room poo becoming repetitive and tired very quickly.
-Also not looking forward to the same old moans, both on here and at the ground about barnes, food, travel (though with the changes to the last two I have a smidgeon of interest, admittedly)
-The weather has become rainy and depressing so it doesn't feel like start of the season time of year.

you are not properly dressed until you are wearing a smile !!

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I'm worried. Seriously worried.

The footy season starts in 3 days time, but right now I'm really not that bothered about it. Normally I'm chomping at the bit at the thought of a new season, but some reason this year I'm just not up for it. Maybe I haven't got over the Palace defeat yet, or the Gus saga, or anything else that's been going on. Maybe it's because we're away first game and I'm not going, or the fact we've just moved house so I've been mentally too stressed to worry about footy, I just don't know. I'm just hoping that come the first home match, I'm back to my normal Albion fanatical self.

Anyone else feeling similar?
it could be because of the whole gus thing and that we havent signed many players

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I suspect the good times are stalling for a year. Oscar needs a year to learn the league and the club. This time next summer we will be about to embark on a season resulting in the Premier League. This season, I don't see it.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We Are Going Up, say We Are Going Up!
Buzzing. Haven't seen a competitive match at the Stadium of Flair for EIGHTEEN ****ing months. Roll on Tuesday!!!!!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I cannot wait. Especially as Leeds will be my first away game since we beat Southampton away in league one.

Having a sing at a Lewes friendly also helped bring my excitement levels up. I've missed singing at football.

Bring on some attacking football.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
FFS whats wrong with all the doom and gloom merchants? This season is going to be exciting no more pass pass pass mess up a pass concede first and if were lucky get a draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here