Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why a drum is a bad idea….

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Leave it to Croydon.
/ Dortmund / Boca Juniors / Galatassary / other noddy clubs with crap unspontaneous atmospheres.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Surely this proves a drum is a great idea as rather than kick it in the goal the opposition will aim to hit the drummer?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
/ Dortmund / Boca Juniors / Galatassary / other noddy clubs with crap unspontaneous atmospheres.
They are all clubs with their own long standing fan culture and traditions. That, wasn't created when someone brought in a drum one day.

Otherwise no one would have to witness the cringey, cultural, and emotional emptiness of watching MLS sides try and develop an atmosphere by having a hipster in tight trousers screaming at baffled fans through a megaphone while a guy in a jesters hat batters a drum.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I realise this post actually has nothing to do with the idea of a drum really, but I still don't think it is a bad idea in principle. In theory it could unite the separate fractions in the North Stand and get songs sung at the correct speed. That Boro away game where we didn't get promoted was a perfect example of how a drum can work, their end was deafening that day, the singing loud and in unison. The drum was used sparingly and only to keep the singing in time once a new song started. The North Stand would be amazing if it was like that.

The problem is, the kind of person in Brighton who would volunteer to be the drummer would no doubt be some attention-seeking prick who insisted on over-using it and trying to orchestrate the singing themselves with drum solos like some kind of Lord of the North Stand. The other fractions would rebel against it and we'd end up with an even worse and fragmented atmosphere than we have now.
The majority of the stadium sings GOSBTS at the wrong speed even though the actual music accompanies the players arrival, how?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The majority of the stadium sings GOSBTS at the wrong speed even though the actual music accompanies the players arrival, how?
I have no idea. It is genuinely astonishing. I don't think that would happen at any other club in the country. We have a weird fanbase.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No one who has witnessed Fleetwood Mac’s Tusk video (11,847,805 views on ‘The Tube’ currently), filmed at Dodger Stadium in 1979, could ever be convinced that drums are a bad idea. Don’t say that you love me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here