Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 39 63.9%

• Total voters

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There is a theory that all the different actors actually play different characters. The name James Bond is given to every male 007 as a code name. So changing races is a possibility if they decide to make that theory a reality. It would explain why the character changes in personality from actor to actor.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

There's also a theory that the earth is flat!!! It's just one character but with different interpretations.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would rest Bond for a while, whilst carrying on with the rest of the current cast...

***Here be (very minor) spoilers***

Carry on with Nomi as the '00' agent (maybe even give her 007 back). Find a way to work Paloma into the story. She may be a CIA agent, but she was absolutely excellent in No Time to Die. Keep the current M, Q, Moneypenney and Tanner.

With Bond and Lighter out of the picture, it feels like the next generation is ready to pick up from where they left. Especially so, given the 'old man' jibes thrown at Bond in each of the last 3 films.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I would rest Bond for a while, whilst carrying on with the rest of the current cast...

***Here be (very minor) spoilers***

Carry on with Nomi as the '00' agent (maybe even give her 007 back). Find a way to work Paloma into the story. She may be a CIA agent, but she was absolutely excellent in No Time to Die. Keep the current M, Q, Moneypenney and Tanner.

Has an origin story ever been done for the Bond character? I know we saw the Daniel Craig films start as a new recruit to MI6 but I don't know if a story has been told about how he got there?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Spoiler Alert - James Bond died

CaergybiGull

Aug 13, 2020
Caergybi, Ynys Môn
birdistheword.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's going to be yet another Bond?

Oh shit.

Spoiler Alert - James Bond died

It should be laid to rest, as well past its sell by date.

There are loads of cracking stories in literature which can be made into films, or, shock horror, come up with original ideas, instead of rehashing the same old turgid storylines. Fleming must be turning in his grave.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Adele.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

There are loads of cracking stories in literature which can be made into films, or, shock horror, come up with original ideas, instead of rehashing the same old turgid storylines. Fleming must be turning in his grave.

The box office numbers would show there is still an enjoyment of the films. This is generational. A new audience for a 'new' bond.

The films have completely changed since Daniel Craig took the role so I very much classify them as different films to the pre-Craig ones.

Also, In the craig era, there is a film every 4 years or so so it's hardly overkill. Now is not the era it's becoming tired or there's overkill when previously bond films were produced in 67,67,69,71,73,74 and 6 films in the 80's.

Also, I find that rather than suggesting film franchises should be stopped I just, you know, don't go and watch the ones I don't like.

For example, Marvel has no interest to me whatsoever. I swear there was a period where every day a new film was out. I just didn't watch them.

This comes from someone who is very much in the camp of "I'll watch Bond when it becomes available on Sky Store" so hardly a major fan.

Anyway, to answer the original question, I'd go Barry Chuckle.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No odds on that chart for Rylan Clark I see. Just saying.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Finger on the pulse.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hope Powell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here