Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's Still Got There Programme From Their First EVER Game?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Brighton v Arsenal in the FA Cup in 1988.
I bought a prgramme from the match off of e-bay a couple of years ago, think it's got Garry Nelson on the front.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Brighton vs Bolton, was pissing it down and finished 0-0 I believe! Its at my parents house and cant remember the year.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Bightion v Gillingham April 1969. lost 2-0. Programme in the loft. From memory the front cover has a floodlight sketched in white on a blue background with a little aerial photo of the ground somewhere in the middle.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
Brighton v Mansfield 1978, Nobby Horton on the front, think the photo was from a pre season friendly v Wolves, best 15p i've ever spent

BTW talkin of old programmes, what happened to the fans on the cover of some of the mid 70's progs with the banner "Go at em Brighton" or as I thought for years "Goat em Brighton"

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Sadly, I have two copies of the programme for the first game I ever saw, Brighton v Torquay, 12 April 1967 (we lost 1-0). The one I got on the day is with my complete collection. The second, which was given to me by a mate when I refused to accept any petrol money for a Carlisle away game a few years back, is mounted in a frame and 'on display' in the study.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
No, I always buy them and anoy the wife by having them lying around. I have the one against Arsenal we lost 4-0 first game in the top flight, but it was a present the other year and not the original I bought with my hard earned cash.

I'm a bad fan 'cos I was at Wembley stadium watching The Who, The Stranglers and AC/DC that day. Remember it well.

I've got the program for that if it helps.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
1989 2-1 win against Man City, ball boy (or man can't remember) headed ball into the stand in the final minutes to waste time and was promptly sacked. Haven't got the programme, my dad was too tight.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I have. Albion v Sunderland. August 26th 1972. Division 2. Result: 2-2. I even have the copy of the Football League Review, which was attached to all matchday programmes at the time.

I still have the programme of the Albion-Stoke City match from October 1975. The game celebrated Albion's 75th anniversary. Were any of you there? I was 10 at the time. Albion were in the 3rd division and Stoke (Peter Shilton, Geoff Hurst and all) were in the top 5 of division 1.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I have. Albion v Sunderland. August 26th 1972. Division 2. Result: 2-2. I even have the copy of the Football League Review, which was attached to all matchday programmes at the time.

I still have the programme of the Albion-Stoke City match from October 1975. The game celebrated Albion's 75th anniversary. Were any of you there? I was 10 at the time. Albion were in the 3rd division and Stoke (Peter Shilton, Geoff Hurst and all) were in the top 5 of division 1.

I used to keep the Football league reviews but later took the team pics out from them and still have them, somewhere. I would also have been to that Stoke game, when Stoke were quite an attractive team. I get the feeling it was a 2-2 draw?

As for the earlier question about the group of fans on the cover of programmes in 1975, one lad was Peter Deacon who sadly, and bravely, suffered an illness (kidney/liver?) from which he died a few years later.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I didnt get it at the time, but got it of ebay a few years ago. Was Brighton v Doncaster, valentines day 98. Only need one programme to complete my collection now...

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I didnt get it at the time, but got it of ebay a few years ago. Was Brighton v Doncaster, valentines day 98. Only need one programme to complete my collection now...

What one do you need? I have tons that i want to shift as they ae just gathering dust.

Bugs Hill

Jan 13, 2004
attachment.php

Liverpool went up and stayed there! - we went down ... and down!

Attachments

• Liverpool 1961.jpg
    Liverpool 1961.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 175

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Yes. Home game v Leeds Utd in 1981. Last game of the season which we needed to win to stay up in the old Div 1. We did, 2-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here