Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who's RdZ gonna drop?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Its been shite for most of the season but one of their best players against Bournemouth and Nottingham. Think much of his poor performances this season comes from being hospitalised two weeks in the summer and dropping five kilos from a body that probably couldn't afford that.
Was he? Jesus. They are in trouble. I thought he was bloody awful.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I think this game comes too soon to be thinking about Webster starting, think he needs more minutes coming on as sub - he won’t be match sharp enough to start this one
This. He's been shaky before coming back from injury plus his form before this injury wasn't great.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
No titting around, we’ve seen what happened when Veltman isn’t played. Sarmiento, Trossard, Lamptey and Lallana don’t start.

Ferguson
Mitoma Gross March
Caicedo MacAllister
Estupinan Colwill Dunk Veltman
Sanchez
This is the team, apart from Webster or Van Hecke instead of Colwill. Buy him or send him back and play our own, stop developing a player for Chelsea's immediate benefit without having to pay the fee for us polishing a diamond.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
My side would be:

-------------Sanchez
Veltman - Dunk - Colwill - Estupinan
-----Mac Allister - Caicedo
--March - Lallana - Mitoma
------------Ferguson

I appreciate that's ridiculously harsh on Gross but to me Mac Allister is too good and Lallana too important not to start. Too soon for Webster IMO. Would like Ferguson to be given a bit of a run now. Both Gross and Welbeck would both have big parts to play in the second half. Trossard is a big question mark though.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
My side would be:

-------------Sanchez
Veltman - Dunk - Colwill - Estupinan
-----Mac Allister - Caicedo
--March - Lallana - Mitoma
------------Ferguson

I appreciate that's ridiculously harsh on Gross but to me Mac Allister is too good and Lallana too important not to start. Too soon for Webster IMO. Would like Ferguson to be given a bit of a run now. Both Gross and Welbeck would both have big parts to play in the second half. Trossard is a big question mark though.
I just can't see Gross being dropped.
Which I suspect means Lallana drops out.
I can't see where Trossard plays, unless it is as a false nine. But surely with VVD out we need either Ferguson or a fit Welbeck there to stretch their centre backs.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
This. He's been shaky before coming back from injury plus his form before this injury wasn't great.
I think RdZ definitely rates Webster and would bring him back if he were fully fit.
It will be a tough call, but suspect might think he will replace Colwill for the Liverpool game, just because his experience will help

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Trossard should stay on the bench at the moment….. If your manager says you are not 100% at the moment then that’s that for a few games imo.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Trossard should stay on the bench at the moment….. If your manager says you are not 100% at the moment then that’s that for a few games imo.
Unless the manager sees the necessary improvement and he can then play. Trossard will be very keen to prove he's up to the level required.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Ali Mac starts it’s that simple. Liverpool’s problems this season are mainly in midfield. Ali Mac and Moses would walk into their starting 11 right now, when in the history of our club have we ever been able to state that?!! In fact offer them Lallana back and he might too!

For me it’s Lallana or Gross and I’m torn. If Lallana could last 90 mins then he’d get the nod, just, however he can’t, and why would you start a player that you, and the oppo, KNOW is coming off after 45-60 mins? I’m leaning towards Gross but only under the strict understanding that he doesn’t take set pieces, leave them to Ali and Solly.

Not completely sure about Ferguson either, Welbeck’s experience vs raw talent and enthusiasm. Tough one, I think I’d just give it to Fergie to really see where his level is at, plus he deserves to keep the shirt right now.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes, it's more about rotation for me - maybe the team that finishes the match can sometimes be more important than the 11 that start it.
It should be seen as a 'whole', I think.
Exactly- having a deep squad is a nice problem to have as others have said - but as GP used to say - a bit of a headache for a Manager trying to please everyone - I wonder if this is why in RDZ (with the Club having progressed even further) we are seeing a Manager who is much more ‘demanding’ of the level expected from each member of the team?

We obviously don’t want perfectly good players leaving the squad though because they are not getting their 90’ regularly enough which might be an issue in the future - ( although they would probably only be jumping sideways then because a deep squad is a ‘problem’ for all the clubs bigger than us already so that might be a deterrent?)

FWIW - for Liverpool, I would ‘let’ Tross sub in for at least part of the game and start Ferguson and Welbz. I would also start Lallana and bring on Mac to sub ( he proved how bloody effective he stil is coming off the bench but we should already be playing teams with likely summer transfers in mind imo)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
This is exactly where I am at. Collwill has errors in him as does Webbo but I'd keep Collwill for 60 mins and then bring on Webbo. Game comes too soon imo to face TAA.

Ali Mac has to start. Drop the excellent Lallana who has played a lot of minutes recently and see how we're doing at 60 mins. Only dropping Lallana to be smart to last out the season.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He didn't train the day before Boro as had an injured calf muscle. If better should defo stay on the bench imo.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Exactly- having a deep squad is a nice problem to have as others have said - but as GP used to say - a bit of a headache for a Manager trying to please everyone - I wonder if this is why in RDZ (with the Club having progressed even further) we are seeing a Manager who is much more ‘demanding’ of the level expected from each member of the team?

We obviously don’t want perfectly good players leaving the squad though because they are not getting their 90’ regularly enough which might be an issue in the future - ( although they would probably only be jumping sideways then because a deep squad is a ‘problem’ for all the clubs bigger than us already so that might be a deterrent?)

FWIW - for Liverpool, I would ‘let’ Tross sub in for at least part of the game and start Ferguson and Welbz. I would also start Lallana and bring on Mac to sub ( he proved how bloody effective he stil is coming off the bench but we should already be playing teams with likely summer transfers in mind imo)
Agreed, but I'd only start one of Welbz and Ferg.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here