Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who's off to Stoke on a cold Tuesday evening?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Leaving at half one. Hopefully we’ll get through this, I don’t think it’s going to be easy by any means. We should be pretty strong tonight despite the injuries.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Duplicate question from me. Read that we sold the whole allocation, at 15% that would be 4,500, which would be seriously impressive for a midweek game. Is this correct?

Don't think so...

Looks like we've sold out the usual away section there, which is about 2500-3000, still a great turnout.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Duplicate question from me. Read that we sold the whole allocation, at 15% that would be 4,500, which would be seriously impressive for a midweek game. Is this correct?
I read that the allocation was upped to 20% which would be 6,000 if my maths is correct. Of course I'm always reading erroneous things on here. I truly think 6,000 at a midweek match in Stoke would be the kind of impressive that gets other European teams attention.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I read that the allocation was upped to 20% which would be 6,000 if my maths is correct. Of course I'm always reading erroneous things on here. I truly think 6,000 at a midweek match in Stoke would be the kind of impressive that gets other European teams attention.
Don't think so...

Looks like we've sold out the usual away section there, which is about 2500-3000, still a great turnout.

Awe, damn. It really would have been impressive and loud for the away side.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I’m working in Stoke on Tuesday. Good planning?
Short trip to the game and then about an hour to get home. Ever seen us win against Stoke, so hoping for a first time.

I read in here that we haven't won at Stoke since 1961. Good luck with that. Truly would be a massive win at this juncture in the cup competition.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You’re all legends for going. Annoyingly the camera angle didn’t show the extent of our excellent numbers at all. Well done all. Safe trip.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Just got back (I'm staying in a hotel) excellent numbers and in good voice. We controlled the game and it really should have been at least 2 or 3.

Hope Enciso is OK, he was in tears at the end of the game.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
You’re all legends for going. Annoyingly the camera angle didn’t show the extent of our excellent numbers at all. Well done all. Safe trip.
Here you go mate, taken from Twitter.

FqE_WeyWIAI5RXT.jpeg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just got back (I'm staying in a hotel) excellent numbers and in good voice. We controlled the game and it really should have been at least 2 or 3.

Hope Enciso is OK, he was in tears at the end of the game.
What happened to Enciso pal?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Think he was just upset with how he played, missed a couple of good chances on the ball. Shows he cares.
He was awful. Really bad. No wonder the tears. He looked totally exhausted when he got on the pitch, was outpaced frequently and made a number of wrong decisions. He was nowhere near being ready for this match, massive mistake sticking him on the bench and then the pitch, perhaps he has been poorly recently. He looked the same speed as Groß on occasions.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Think he was just upset with how he played, missed a couple of good chances on the ball. Shows he cares.
I took it the same. He certainly looked in tears to me. Poor bloke. Still found time to give his shirt to a fan though. It sounds like he is incredible in training. Maybe he is just trying too hard.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
bloke next to me left Eastboune at half 2 - got there late - and spent most of match on his phone trying to book a room in Midlands for the night ...

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Well done and thank you, to those who travelled from the south, and also to those thousands of members up north who got to see us live tonight. By no means a classic, but when we win the cup you’ll be able to claim you saw us on our way.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’ve just crashed in Sandbach with friends, getting out of Stoke going north a nightmare because junction closures without warning. Made last orders in country pub, quick pint and now to bed. Anyway, we’re through and that’s all that matters. Nice to beat Stoke, always a bit of a bogey side. Wembley here we come!

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Worst game I've seen for a long time. To be fair to the young lads, they were getting balls into feet that they didn't want and weren't expecting. We were so so slow and lacked any inventiveness. Definitely a Poyetesque performance and one to forget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here