Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who’s not watching the World Cup?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
just watching a WSL game before I turn off the television set and go and do something else.

My first World Cup was 1978. I can’t really remember ‘74. Vague memories of the Cruyff and Muller, but the tournament I remember completely was 1978. Gemmill, Peru, the ticker tape final. In 1982, I sobbed when we failed in Spain and Keegan couldn’t rescue us. I’ve cried at many other World Cups. This is the first World Cup I will not experience. I feel robbed.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
just watching a WSL game before I turn off the television set and go and do something else.

My first World Cup was 1978. I can’t really remember ‘74. Vague memories of the Cruyff and Muller, but the tournament I remember completely was 1978. Gemmill, Peru, the ticker tape final. In 1982, I sobbed when we failed in Spain and Keegan couldn’t rescue us. I’ve cried at many other World Cups. This is the first World Cup I will not experience. I feel robbed.
Yep

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That was easy to avoid. Unfortunately caught the beginning of the BBC news report of the opening ceremony and lots of dodgy men in strange clothing that looked as though they should be on the sex offenders registered list. :ROFLMAO:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I plead guilty ☹️

Only a few minutes, checking on our lads, though.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Quatar earned the right to stage by questionable means. They have an abhorrent record on human rights, Gay relationships are illegal. I will not be watching any matches in this year’s competition 🌈⚽⚽🌈

Who’s not watching the World Cup?​

about half the stadium by 50 minutes…

im not convinced the stadium was full at kick off anyway…

this does not bode well for future games, half empty stadiums…

joke of a competition

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Who’s not watching the World Cup?​

about half the stadium by 50 minutes…

im not convinced the stadium was full at kick off anyway…

this does not bode well for future games, half empty stadiums…

joke of a nation
Corrected for you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The last couple of days seems to be telling me that by not watching the world cup I am racist and hate Muslims.

Funny old world innit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Eventful first half. Qatar, as expected, look like a pub team. Moises and the Perv in particular an absolute class above. The second half died on its arse, as Equador settled for the win and Qatar had absolutely nothing about them to do anything about it. Without the BHA interest I doubt I'd have stuck with it tbh. As a tournament opener in a stadium packed with fake Qatar fans it was fairly dismal fayre, the snooker is carrying more interest.

The fun starts tomorrow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The last couple of days seems to be telling me that by not watching the world cup I am racist and hate Muslims.

Funny old world innit.
Really? How queer.

See this is what I don't really get. You're either interested in England's progress, or you're not.

How can you not give a shit about England UNLESS we reach the semi's - then suddenly you'll jump on board the bandwagon. Then no doubt thumb your nose at them once again, once they get knocked out.

🤷‍♂️
All the gimps on here who are anti establishment and don’t like a bit of patriotism. Sad fools. Although i do hate this WC.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So a rumour going round is FIFA has Told refs to book anyone wearing a rainbow armband.

Guess we will see tomorrow

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here