Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who's going to get wood ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Didnt pull up any trees when he went on loan to Bristol City (after his Brum purple patch)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
For 250 YES!

Think he had genuine potential and Gus was disappointed not to get him last season.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
He did well for Birmingham on loan last season, then went to Bristol City and wasn't that impressive. Maybe they didn't work to his strengths and that's why he wasn't. Would be a ideal signing for us, but not the type of Target man we desperately need.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
saw this and immediately thought

Attachments

• imageshjghjh.jpg
    imageshjghjh.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 201

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Beat me to it, much rather play Toby than Wood........

I can t see any possible justification for that opinion. And yet, a few seem to agree. Agdestein has the potential to be as good as Wood is now, in a few years. Where's the value there? For £250k, he would give us a bit more depth and we could develop the talent which is obviously there.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I can t see any possible justification for that opinion. And yet, a few seem to agree. Agdestein has the potential to be as good as Wood is now, in a few years. Where's the value there? For £250k, he would give us a bit more depth and we could develop the talent which is obviously there.

Because the last few times we have seen Toby he has looked very good. The last couple of times we have seen Wood he was appalling. And I seem to recall him not actually finishing the season that well when we won the league.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seemed a decent player - would certainly strengthen our asttacking options, and £250K is affordable. Not maybe the big name player that Gus is apparantly trying to land, but probably a more realstic shout than some of the others (from Michael Owen downwards) who have been suggested on NSC!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Because the last few times we have seen Toby he has looked very good. The last couple of times we have seen Wood he was appalling. And I seem to recall him not actually finishing the season that well when we won the league.

Well, Agdestein was pretty poor against Reading. That was fairly recently. I wouldn't judge him on one game though, and I wouldn't suggest we've seen enough of Wood lately to judge him either.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
It is debatable whether Murray is good enough for our ambitions and. in my opinion, Wood is not in Murray's class.

From what I saw of Wood last season, there's nothing to recommend him and his young age is no guarantee whatsoever that he'll improve.

We've got to be aiming higher, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here