Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who's going to get wood ?

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
......chris wood being sold by west brom....

...raw, but i rated him 2 seasons ago.......

.......do we want the kiwi international back ?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
He is certainly still an improving player, but I'm not quite sure what his level is. He scored a few goals for Birmingham last year, but he needs to prove that he can do it week-in and week-out. I would rather have Glenn over him, if it was a choice between them.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
He is certainly still an improving player, but I'm not quite sure what his level is. He scored a few goals for Birmingham last year, but he needs to prove that he can do it week-in and week-out. I would rather have Glenn over him, if it was a choice between them.

So you'd prefer to have an ageing player who scores a few goals for Palace over an improving player that scores a few for Birmingham?

Nah, Wood for me.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
So you'd prefer to have an ageing player who scores a few goals for Palace over an improving player that scores a few for Birmingham?

Nah, Wood for me.

Yes. Murray's all-round game is FAR better than Wood's. For a big bloke, I don't remember CW winning as many headers or holding the ball up as well as Murray. Anyway, it's probably a hypothetical choice to have to make.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Fair enough. I respect your opinion, as much as I'd go the other way, and you have reasoned it too.

I can see the logic in taking Wood instead, given their respective ages. However, if we are looking at it in the short-term of which one would help us reach the Prem quicker, then it has to be GM.

Let's face it, neither of them would set the world alight in the top division, so if we got there we would have to look to bring in others anyway!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I can see the logic in taking Wood instead, given their respective ages. However, if we are looking at it in the short-term of which one would help us reach the Prem quicker, then it has to be GM.

Let's face it, neither of them would set the world alight in the top division, so if we got there we would have to look to bring in others anyway!

Very true, although we could use Wood as an impact sub when we need that bit more muscle up front (to knock Terry out).

It's so nice to have a reasoned debate with someone.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i woudl sign him in the blink of an eye.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would very much like to sign him. Again another young player, a lot of international experience, as well as Europa League. Still a bit raw, but I think with the right coaching team, could be a good asset.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Very true, although we could use Wood as an impact sub when we need that bit more muscle up front (to knock Terry out).

It's so nice to have a reasoned debate with someone.

Physically, Wood is definitely imposing. He still has time on his side to develop a bit of finesse to his game, too. If we don't sign him, I will certainly follow his career with interest.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I slagged off Wood last close season but on reflection I think he would be a good signing, did well for Birmingham at the start of last season and his performances will only improve when settled down and playing regular football somewhere IMO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Nah, Wood for me.

When we played Birmingham away he was ineffective to say the least. Hughton subbed him off.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Was pretty poor both (or 3?) times he played against us last season.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

Have we not got Torbein Agdstein (spelling) for precisely this ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
There are a significant number on here who would only get wood if we sign a flair south american type (if you get my drift)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here