Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Who's afraid of spiders?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I've had a small spider living in my shower for about a month now. He's only got four legs, three on one side and one on the other. Every morning when I get in the shower I look up to see him clumsily spinning his web, struggling lopsidedly against the impediments of his missing two legs. I'm very inspired in a Robert the Bruce pre-Bannockburn kind of way by the manner in which it battles and triumphs against such adversity every day. He really gives me a sense of determination to face the trials and tribulations that my days inevitably bring. I think everyone should have a four legged spider living in their shower.

I think you mean his missing four legs.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
I don't like 'em, but brought a plug in spider deterrent gadget from Amazon. It works: I live in a 90 year old pub and there are plenty running around outside but no sightings in my flat. Brilliant! It was about £25.00 and is the second one I've had. They wanna do their useful insect catching thing then they can do it outside...

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Hate them. I saw a big huntsman climb into my car once and didn't see it leave. I had to sell the car ( that I had had for 12 years) within a month as I was too scared driving it.
I also got a spider defence kit from my workmates one year in the secret Santa.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
My niece has a pink-toed tarantula :thumbsup:

Lovely spider! Beautiful to look at, very docile and full of character. My pink toe was the first tarantula I got. Unfortunately they don't live very long compared to other species, I think the female only lives for about 8 years, half that for the male.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
It’s funny what awaits on the fence when you get home........

8BF8383A-C025-4C62-870D-B7F3CCD1F4B6.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here