Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who'd be your top choice as our next manager out of the bookies list?

Who would be your first choice as next manager?

• Scott Parker

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

• Ange Postecoglou

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 54 37.0%
  • Karel Geraerts

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Felice Mazzu

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Bruno

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • Maurico Pochettino

Votes: 21 14.4%
  • Russell Martin

• Steve Cooper

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Sean Dyche

• Thomas Tuchel

• Someone else

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Maybe if we were in league one under Dick Knight but no thanks if we are serious about top 10

What difference does league make. We are not looking for a manager with new ideas,or shake us up but to keep us going. Last thing you want is somebody changing training, tactics etc. Good luck dealing with Dunk and Lalana

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
4 on there I've never heard of and had to Google (guaranteed it'll be one of them!) and some I pray to God it isn't (Parker/Rodgers/Copper).

Bruno is a difficult one. I'm sure we'd all get behind him, he's a club legend etc. He might be a decent coach in the making, but he's never managed and I'm picturing us 2-2 with Leicester at home and you need to make a few tactical tweeks to ensure the swing goes our way...does he have the experience of making those changes to get it right? Probably not...yet.

If we were in the bottom half I'd say let's give Bruno a go. But with us currently sitting in 4th, I think it's important we get in the best possible person to keep us there.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Brendan Rogers is earning brutal money in Leicester and just about a week ago went to the press to moan about his clubs lack of transfer activity.

Exactly what is it that makes you believe Tony Bloom would go for him..?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What difference does league make. We are not looking for a manager with new ideas,or shake us up but to keep us going. Last thing you want is somebody changing training, tactics etc. Good luck dealing with Dunk and Lalana

Really ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know it's only Scotland but Ange impresses me. He took over with Celtic well behind Rangers who Slippy was leading to a first title in 10 years. Now they are miles ahead, and they play an enterprising high press that seems compatible with the players we've got. He's done well in the A-league and leading their national side too. But best of all, Celtic fans would be so pissed off to lose him. I love the idea of just plucking an Old Firm manager just because we can - it's all the pair of them have ever done domestically.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Brendan Rogers is earning brutal money in Leicester and just about a week ago went to the press to moan about his clubs lack of transfer activity.

Exactly what is it that makes you believe Tony Bloom would go for him..?

He has spent over £200m in last 3 years

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Nobody mentioned Ruben Amorim in Portugal and managing Sporting CP. has an overall win rate of 72.46%

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I know it's only Scotland but Ange impresses me. He took over with Celtic well behind Rangers who Slippy was leading to a first title in 10 years. Now they are miles ahead, and they play an enterprising high press that seems compatible with the players we've got. He's done well in the A-league and leading their national side too. But best of all, Celtic fans would be so pissed off to lose him. I love the idea of just plucking an Old Firm manager just because we can - it's all the pair of them have ever done domestically.

Would most likely be a fantastic choice, really enjoy watching them play. But I'd say there's huge question marks on whether he could actually be tempted over atm.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Most of these won't be anywhere near our shortlist. To get close to an idea of who we are likely to be after, you simply have to to list the traits it's obvious the club wants in a manager.
Bloom has always wanted a team focused on passing and possession.
Anyone playing direct or being particularly dogmatic about certain formations is likely to be discounted. Anybody whose reaction to a period of bad form is moaning to the media or asking for more money is out.
Manager will have to buy into our project, they'll have to believe in a bottom-up approach, in youth development and the development of the squad. They will need to be a coach.
Personality type is essential and they are likely to be humble and intelligent.
Remember this and you'll get close to who we are after and I'm absolutely certain that we have a number of long-standing targets that we will be speaking to very soon.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Nobody mentioned Ruben Amorim in Portugal and managing Sporting CP. has an overall win rate of 72.46%

My choice but he supposedly refused to talk to PSG so feels hugely unlikely. One of the few European based managers who doesn't need a Premier League style stepping stone to get to the very top, sadly.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Most of these won't be anywhere near our shortlist. To get close to an idea of who we are likely to be after, you simply have to to list the traits it's obvious the club wants in a manager.
Anyone playing direct or being particularly dogmatic about certain formations is likely to be discounted. Anybody whose reaction to a period of bad form is moaning to the media or asking for more money is out.
Manager will have to buy into our project, they'll have to believe in a bottom-up approach, in youth development and the development of the squad. They will need to be a coach.
Remember this and you'll get close to who we are after and I'm absolutely certain that we have a number of long-standing targets that we will be speaking to very soon.

Great post

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bruno is a club legend, but club legend status does not give you the skills to manage at PL level.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Would most likely be a fantastic choice, really enjoy watching them play. But I'd say there's huge question marks on whether he could actually be tempted over atm.

I think a ‘golden handshake’ of £5M may reduce his anxiety

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Also we know how important collaboration is to the club. Bloom surrounds himself with experts. Given we are likely to lose 5 members of key staff it'll be someone who will have a trusted team around them.

matt

Mar 19, 2007

Joey Barton then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here