Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you sign (CHAMPIONSHIP or LOWER LEAGUES only)

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Curtis Nelson of Plymouth 150 apps and only 21. A CB with potential to develop.
Jed Wallace Pompey - Creative midfielder, looks a prospect.
Sean Murray - Watford - Another creative midfielder who's career seems to have stalled. When he played at the Amex in that 3-1 game thought he was going to be a star.
Jelle Vossen - Might be available especially if Boro go up.
Adam Smith RB - Bournemouth did very well on loan in the Championship before signing for them, can't get in the side but still young with some upgrade.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
That fella with the double barrelled surname at Bristol City and Ruben Reid of Plymouth.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Two that I've been keeping tabs on.

Brentford's Attacking midfielder, José Ignacio Peleteiro Ramallo, commonly known as Jota.

I saw him at close quarters at Griffin Park in the FA Cup where he ran rings around Chicksen (not that hard), but lately he's been very influential in the Bees challenge for promotion. He's pacy, controls the ball well and can score goals to boot. Sticking points 1. He's in a better team, 2. He's on a 3yr contract he signed in 2014.

Fulham's striker Matt Smith.

A very tall 25yr old...6ft 8". I remember seeing him outgun top class defences in the FA Cup of 2013 whilst at Oldham, after his exploits I thought he would end up at a Prem club but he went to Leeds and now at Fulham who signed him on a 3yr deal in 2014.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jed Wallace Portsmouth midfield but I have been saying that all season
Westwood Sheff Wed goalkeeper
Jamie O Hara midfielder Blackpool.
Vetokele Striker Charlton.
Halford Forest utility defender.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would give Joe Garner of Preston a go
Fair enough mate. What do you think of him as a player though?

Jones- if that's who you meant, wage wise- is supposed to be on about £40,000+ per week at Cardiff, of which plucky little Bournemouth are currently paying every penny.
At least you're not bitter.

His goal scoring record when playing in the Championship isn't great. 90 appearances 16 goals...
Sounds right up our street.

Is he not returning to Spain as he was reported signing a lease for a flat and missing the plane that crashed into the Alps.
Reported? Where, football rumours? Sounds like more BG to me.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Reported? Where, football rumours? Sounds like more BG to me.[/QUOTE]

He said on his blog he missed out on that flight because he was held up in Barcelona signing the 12 month lease of a flat which to me sounds like he is intending on living there for 12 months. Being a footballer he is either signing for somebody or going to pack up and do another job. Is that such a surprising assumption?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People are suggesting Garner of PNE but they could well be promoted. What about his on loan striker team mate Jermaine Beckford proven championship goal scorer but reputedly on £40k + a week when we enquired at Leeds, probably not on so much at Bolton prior to his loan. Has he still got it to score 18+ goals a season in the championship I am not certain.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He said on his blog he missed out on that flight because he was held up in Barcelona signing the 12 month lease of a flat which to me sounds like he is intending on living there for 12 months. Being a footballer he is either signing for somebody or going to pack up and do another job. Is that such a surprising assumption?

Blackpool have activated a one-year extension clause in his contract. Poor bloke.

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/orlandi-contract-extended-2399304.aspx

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Reported? Where, football rumours? Sounds like more BG to me.

He said on his blog he missed out on that flight because he was held up in Barcelona signing the 12 month lease of a flat which to me sounds like he is intending on living there for 12 months. Being a footballer he is either signing for somebody or going to pack up and do another job. Is that such a surprising assumption?[/QUOTE]

Blackpool have activated a one-year extension clause in his contract. Poor bloke.

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/orlandi-contract-extended-2399304.aspx

Blows the theory of a move back to Spain into the wind.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
One Teddy Maybank got it right with Odubajo of Brentford, He was close to coming to Brighton when he inexplicably signed for The B's. I was a bit stunned by that, but it was another of the slightly puzzling instances of players going elsewhere when they could have come to us with The Amex, training ground and great place to live. Why did they go elsewhere? But that's a whole other Thread.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here