Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you most like to see relegated from this league?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Blackburn, Weds and Wolves would be excellent. All have the 'big club' syndrome so would be hilarious.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think we're all united in hoping Blackburn go down.

It would also be funny if Wednesday went down. I get annoyed with "big" clubs who overspend, and there's no way they could have afforded Jay Bothroyd last summer. And given Leeds are only 5 points off relegation I think they can do one too.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
If Leeds get sucked into it, I'll be mightily pleased. They really are a truly revolting club, and I wish nothing but bad things for them. Also, what would Sky do for Championship matches if they weren't there?

Sheffield Wednesday - I also find them abhorrent.

And Blackburn, who have no redeeming features whatsoever.

Please.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If Leeds get sucked into it, I'll be mightily pleased. They really are a truly revolting club, and I wish nothing but bad things for them. Also, what would Sky do for Championship matches if they weren't there?

Sheffield Wednesday - I also find them abhorrent.

And Blackburn, who have no redeeming features whatsoever.

Please.

This, although with Wolves rather than Blackburn, who to me are just a nothing Lancashire club in the mould of Preston, Blackpool and Burnley.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Blackburn definitely.

Wednesday, too.

I would have LOVED it to be Leeds, but my nephew is a player in their youth system, so I wouldn't want them to have to cut back on that stuff.

So Wolves.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Would just lOve to see Blackburn go. Sacking manager after manager for not being able to get them promoted, I would actually wet myself laughing if they got relegated.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Blackburn, Wolves and Wednesday.

I haven't forgiven Blackburn for that last minute postponement back in December when many other local sides in their neck of the woods managed to get their games on. So much for being a Prem club. I still suspect a conspiracy because they were in freefall at that time and a postponement would have suited them. Tinpot.

I have come to despise Sheff Weds for their style of footie, manager and arrogant fans. The tragic aura around their ground too. They are one of those Clubs who dwell too much on distant history and think they are too big to go down.

Wolves go down too, mainly by default because I don't mind Bristol C or Posh as away trips. Barnsley stay up too because although it is a dump I do admire their fighting spirit.

It will be great to get a couple more Southern teams in the Championship and reduce the number of trips to the grim North. Assuming we remain in the Championship we can look forward to QPR, Reading, Bournemouth and Brentford. Possibly Swindon or Yeovil too. Not the most glamorous teams but much easier on the pocket and nothing to be frightened of f.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Wolves
Blackburn
Sheff Wed

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Wouldn't that be great! I'd like to see Brentford, Bournemouth and Swindon to come up, although all 3 could seriously struggle in this division.

To be fair, I think all of the teams coming up from league one this year will struggle in the championship. The quality is low and it shows in the league table.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Blackburn, Peterborough and Bolton to go down for me

I wonder if a similar question was posted on other Championship message boards how often Brighton would be in their top three :)

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Bristol City are down and I'd like 2 from Blackburn, Burnley or Blackpool to go with them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What's wrong with Wolves? Dean Saunders is manager, they've never overspent or "cheated" their way to success like some clubs, and they have decent fans. Average attendance is a shade under 22,000 which, for the shocker season they've had, isn't bad.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Wednesday and Blackburn for same reasons as OP :laugh: but hope Bristol City go down too. Doesn't matter it's a good away day if we're in the Prem :thumbsup: and if we don't make it up I reckon Sam Baldock might be our striker signing but only be able to afford him if they go down. (or is he on loan from West Sham?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here