Who would you be supporting if you had to support the nearest team to your birthplace?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
download.jpg

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
and who would you be watching your home town team play against next weekend?

Can you Brighton fans keep of this thread please :wink:

Nottingham Forest or Notts County for me, think I'm gonna be a glory hunter and be supporting Forest this weekend then. It's a home game so I think we'll turn over those batty boys from Brighton comfortably 3-1 :thumbsup:

This thread was inspired by whoever posted earlier today that you can't be a real Brighton fan if you weren't born in Brighton.

Born in the old Eastbourne DGH or whatever it was called back then so would be Eastbourne or Brighton depending on whether you mean league teams or not

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Town , United or Borough ?

Ha ha, I supposed the question inferred that one chose the highest placed team respectively. As Borough weren't even formed when I was born, it'd have to be either Town or United. In all honesty I haven't a clue which team I'd pick or what their merits were. :(

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Who would you be supporting if you had to support the nearest team to your birt

Born at RSCH so guessing its Whitehawk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The wembley bound Tunbridge Wells FC. Now there is something I never thought I would say in my lifetime.
League? Is Brighton or Gillingham closer to T Wells?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Buckingham Road Hospital, so Duke of Wellington XI or BHA for me :)

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
the george and dragon (tarring) football team

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Who would you be supporting if you had to support the nearest team to your bi...

Huddersfield

CoachVealie

Sep 19, 2011
[MENTION=177]Brovion[/MENTION]. Yes. Watched palace occasionally up till the age of 15. Then moved to Sussex with my family. I'm a mongrel 4 sure!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
You didn't go to West Blachington Primary for a while did you?

Nope, far too posh for WB, Whitehawk Junior & Stanley Deason for me! Neither let down, could spell my name when I was 15!

D

Deleted User X18H

Nope, far too posh for WB, Whitehawk Junior & Stanley Deason for me! Neither let down, could spell my name when I was 15!

Top man. Played footie at Deason for Hove Park. All Kappa and mullets . Those were the days.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
A yawn may not be polite, but at least it is an honest opinion”

In the age of social mobility, the above would be a crass opinion.

Me?.......Charlton Athletic.[/QUOTE]

I'm just sick of the childish statement you can't be a real Albion fan unless you live or were born in Brighton, just for the record I'd be Yeovil but have been an Albion fan since my 1st match in 1971.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Born I Paignton Devon so Torquay united. Growing up I did go to loads of games there And was odd watching in the away stand on New Year's Day when Gary Nelson scored a last minute winner for Torquay vs us on a frozen pitch. I would guess 1997.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports