Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would move to the south stand to create a "singing section"?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They're all two and a half years older than when the stadium opened. Age is taking it's toll.
To be fair the stadium is morphing into the Goldstone.

North Stand-nutters
West Stand-grumpy old men
East Stand-mix of kids and grumpy old nutters
South Stand-North Stand wannabes and old ladies with crochet blankets over their knees.

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
I was south stand last season and it was good but moved to the north because it always sounded better now I'm there it's rubbish.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
N1H that's the corner isn't it? Your right half the North Stand was dead quiet on Tuesday, you could hear a pin drop.
No matter how many times the Police Box area tried to get it going, it just wasn't happening. Really wish we had some police boxers in N1G. Atmosphere has been lacking a bit this season.

It's just to the side of the corner. Closer to your side I think. Just can't believe how quiet it is. Frustrates me so much. I sing a lot but most of the time on my own. The person who I go with always laughs and says your the only one doing it.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
It's just to the side of the corner. Closer to your side I think. Just can't believe how quiet it is. Frustrates me so much. I sing a lot but most of the time on my own. The person who I go with always laughs and says your the only one doing it.

It's a shame isn't it, the only reason I'm in north is for the atmosphere and now I'm in it, it's gone :-/ I do contribute but I'm usually the only one around my area which is embarrasing if I'm sober

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
It's a shame isn't it, the only reason I'm in north is for the atmosphere and now I'm in it, it's gone :-/ I do contribute but I'm usually the only one around my area which is embarrasing if I'm sober

Well it's my first season being a season ticket holder and being in the north I thought it would be loud, sometimes it is but not a lot of people try in my area and I rarely drink so it's even more embarrassing trying to do it.
I feel like shouting to everyone "come on stand up and cheer us on" ( might get funny looks )

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
The club could easily have identified a 'singing' area when the Amex first opened.

If it did then it was the 'North' (although it is actually closer to being 'West' in direction') stand.

It would be great though to see 'people power' happen and a natural move to to the 'South' (albeit Easterly) stand, where it would be great and similar to the Goldstone where the 'singing crowd' in the north were so close to the away fans, before the terracing was called unsafe.

Let's do it!!!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Would love to see a regular bunch of singers in SWC. I think it works well at Saints, where they have their most vocal support either side of away fans

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm sorry but it just wasn't. The atmosphere for Donny was brilliant but since then it's really been nothing special and is getting worse. Quality of football is NO excuse.

I don't agree.For example the atmosphere against Leeds was even better than the Donny game.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The South Stand could rise again before they put seats into the South at the Goldstone it had a very good singing group I think they had a confederate flag. The group was made up of Lancing ,Lewes ,forest row and Mid Sussex with a few from Brighton.good old days. Even had our own little bar under the west stand.:amex::falmer:
Ps sorry if I missed anyone.
I do think we should start a South stand End as the banter could improve the atmosphere .

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
What's the point? The south is smaller than the north.

The problem isn't that we don't have a singing section, it's that the singing section is half populated by people who bought season tickets with no intention of singing.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
It needs to be in the cheap seats.
Two reasons I'm getting out of ESL: cost & it's predominantly passive observers in there.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Down in the Saarrff we did contain a vocal contingent (albeit mostly Adam El-Abd chant) however they have moved on to pastures new in the NW. Often the North is drowned out by the varied size away crowd, although I do feel that the phoenix is rising from the flames with regards to the amount and levels of the local 'choir'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here