Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would have taken this at the start of the season

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I thought we'd be playing in Europe next year and am incensed -- incensed I tell you -- that that failed to come to pass.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Murray scored 8 goals up to the game against Palace in December - he has scored 3 since - that is the problem.

Hughton needs two strikers who can score 25 goals between them. The problem is that it is very hard to find a striker who will score at that rate in the PL.

Do you think Messi would have made the difference?
I don’t! Without any support to strikers we will never create enough opportunities to score the goals required to win games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If someone had said

Come end of season you'll be safe with two games to go
You'll have a day out at Wembley in FA Cup Semi Final

Oh and you'll take six points off Palace :clap:
Surely all of us would have taken that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Let’s not try and dress up the season. It’s been poor and we are likely to go down next season if we play like we have been in the past couple of months. We’ve had some high points but we need to get back to reality pretty quickly.

"Dress up" - haven't done the double over Palace in living memory, haven't been in a FA Cup semi final for 36 years, best spell in the top flight for a 37 years, and we beat Man United at home for the 2nd season in a row. These are some of the biggest moments in my 46 year supporting history. !!
The idea that i'm not going to remember this season for years or want to be reminded over and over how terrible it all was is , fair enough, but blimey.!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
"Dress up" - haven't done the double over Palace in living memory, haven't been in a FA Cup semi final for 36 years, best spell in the top flight for a 37 years, and we beat Man United at home for the 2nd season in a row. These are some of the biggest moments in my 46 year supporting history. !!
The idea that i'm not going to remember this season for years or want to be reminded over and over how terrible it all was is , fair enough, but blimey.!
I know you’re a team spokesman and wouldn’t be critical of the club if we reappointed Hyypia and got relegated to the conference so no point in debating with you. Good parts of the season but overall, especially in the 2nd half of the season it has been woeful and we’re lucky there’s 3 teams poorer than us.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I know you’re a team spokesman and wouldn’t be critical of the club if we reappointed Hyypia and got relegated to the conference so no point in debating with you. Good parts of the season but overall, especially in the 2nd half of the season it has been woeful and we’re lucky there’s 3 teams poorer than us.

The 2nd half of the season has been woeful and Hyppia was a disaster. so.. no thanks.
Doesn't mean you can't remember some amazing moments this season. I will. If you can't then fair enough.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Absolutely. Considering the squad, player budget and the clubs PL experience, I expected a relegation battle with Brighton edging survival.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Do you think Messi would have made the difference?
I don’t! Without any support to strikers we will never create enough opportunities to score the goals required to win games.

Read back on my older posts - Brighton need several players - but unless they can get at least one striker in it is going to be a struggle - Murray is done.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
At the beginning of the season definitely. Fulham, Huddersfield and Carfiff have shown how difficult it is for newly promoted clubs to survive for two seasons. So overall job done.

However, after we beat Everton and drew with Arsenal at Xmas clearly the second half of the season has been very disappointing. Perhaps the players, like us fans, looked at the run of home fixtures and thought job done. If so that good for next season as we will know we need to be so much better in the home games against teams around us.

Major overhaul needed in the summer but for me Hughton gets to start the season but TB shouldn’t hesitate if the form from this year continues into the first ten games.

If the players did look at the fixtures after Christmas and thought 'job done' then the manager definitely needs to go. He couldn't motivate the best team in The Championship to finish the job so you could be right.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Yep, bitten your hand off! Many memories were made this year.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Perspective is required.

It's been a great season, with some of the greatest days in the club's history.

The bad results/performances don't come close to the lowest points of our past.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
If someone had said

Come end of season you'll be safe with two games to go
You'll have a day out at Wembley in FA Cup Semi Final

Oh and you'll take six points off Palace :clap:

When you put it like that, then yes!:albion2:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Performances have been dire for some time.

Away days are little fun right now, you know what's going to happen but you still go. Madness.

Please address during the summer.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Definitely. Many of us knew that this was going to be another hard season and reaching Wembley and the wins against Palace will live long in the memory. My only hope is that we learn from our failings in the latter part of the season; identify what wrong and address it over the summer.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The silver lining is that in our first season I got a decent return on a bet against us being relegated.
The odds were too short for me this season.
Hopefully I can cash in again at the end of next season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And won at Arsenal then beaten City to hand the title to the scousers. Short memories and a funny old game

I’ll settle for played really well and were a little unlucky in defeat in both those games. That would bounce my mojo up the scale big time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here