Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Who would have been the perfect leader to take us through this pandemic

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

20200408_185858.jpg

Oh, no, no, no!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
thats an awful lot to do in two years. i'd have thought the argument would be Corbyn's strong leadership, but alas not made.

so, where had Corbyn been all this time, has he been using his leadship and appeal to the masses to communicate a better repsonse from government or for individuals to follow? Blair and Brown have chipped in with their views a couple of times.

Well he's been trying to save the NHS, generally defending Human rights and taking on the arms trade.
I suspect he is sensibly taking a back seat on Covid because the only story the media ever want to run is his brother being an anti Vax nutter. When a large section of the press is more interested in the views of a nobody nutjob with no power who happens to be the brother of the ex leader of the opposition than some crazy idea like scrutinising the views of the major parties actual leaders you so lose hope.

Edit: story forgot to answer strong leadership thing. Should be uncontroversial to say Corbyn has a long record of doing what he believes is right rather than popular. So yes I'm 99% certain he would have reacted to the overwhelming evidence much earlier.
Is that strong leadership? I don't really care. Dithering and procrastinating until you've run out of options certainly isn't though.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'd like to think I would completely rock it.

You wouldn’t Swaniel, the ubiquitous Skarsgard family would beat you to the post. How many of those muther funkers are there? Every week there’s a new Skarsgard stealing more jobs from starving American actors for fark’s ache!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Well he's been trying to save the NHS, generally defending Human rights and taking on the arms trade.
I suspect he is sensibly taking a back seat on Covid because the only story the media ever want to run is his brother being an anti Vax nutter. When a large section of the press is more interested in the views of a nobody nutjob with no power who happens to be the brother of the ex leader of the opposition than some crazy idea like scrutinising the views of the major parties actual leaders you so lose hope.

Edit: story forgot to answer strong leadership thing. Should be uncontroversial to say Corbyn has a long record of doing what he believes is right rather than popular. So yes I'm 99% certain he would have reacted to the overwhelming evidence much earlier.
Is that strong leadership? I don't really care. Dithering and procrastinating until you've run out of options certainly isn't though.

Thankfully the chances of Corbyn running anything other than a carwash is a million to one.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think Mrs Thatcher broadly supported the welfare state but wanted to rid it of what she felt was abuse some people were taking .

I think the idea that individuals try to stand on their own two feet and don’t go looking to the govt for help at the earliest opportunity is a sensible idea obviously with the proviso that there is a safety net for those who genuinely do need help .

I think downgrading the power of the unions who were striking all over the place was one of her best achievements.

She was far from perfect but in my opinion was a lot better than some people think . To call her names like evil is idiotic , Hitler was evil . Learn to use the word correctly and don’t embarrass yourself .

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I think his handling of the whole crisis has essentially been saved by the vaccination rollout and has papered over a lot of cracks elsewhere

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There’s some very odd rewriting of history on here….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you still believe the Cameron lie that Labour caused the worldwide economic crash of 2008 by excessive borrowing, then the history you’re reading is probably a Johnson article from the spectator. It’s utter bollocks, no economists worth their salt believe it to be the case.

Labour did not regulate the banks sufficiently, that was indeed a mistake but we’d have been hit by the financial tsunami from the U.S even if we’d have kept the likes of Goodwin under control.

When the financial Tsunami came, Brown was heroic in his decision making and decisiveness. He has more talent, integrity and capability in one of his scotch turds than c*** Johnson has.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Several months ago I started to look back fondly on Theresa May's premiership. She was completely out of her depth, but actually seemed to have a few moral principles. To be honest, pretty much anyone would have done a better job than Johnson.

She wax at the Home Office when the Windrush landing papers were destroyed, and started the hostile environment, then allowed Amber Rudd to take the blame. She also tried to invoke Article 50 without Parliament assent. She has as few morals as the present lot.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If you still believe the Cameron lie that Labour caused the worldwide economic crash of 2008 by excessive borrowing, then the history you’re reading is probably a Johnson article from the spectator. It’s utter bollocks, no economists worth their salt believe it to be the case.

Labour did not regulate the banks sufficiently, that was indeed a mistake but we’d have been hit by the financial tsunami from the U.S even if we’d have kept the likes of Goodwin under control.

When the financial Tsunami came, Brown was heroic in his decision making and decisiveness. He has more talent, integrity and capability in one of his scotch turds than c*** Johnson has.

The tories wanted even less bank regulation.
And everything you say is true, how so many believed that it was Labours fault just goes to show that people will believe everything they are told and it continues today, obviously.
I don't even give Alec much praise for the vaccine, it was invented on his watch, even he had the sense to buy it, or advised to.
Trump was gutted that a vaccine was found just as he got booted out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She wax at the Home Office when the Windrush landing papers were destroyed, and started the hostile environment, then allowed Amber Rudd to take the blame. She also tried to invoke Article 50 without Parliament assent. She has as few morals as the present lot.

Talking of the Windrush debacle, this lady has been refused British citizenship.
All you RAF veterans know, if you served in Germany, on BAOR bases, your children were registered as British.
This lady’s father also served in the RAF, and was also born on a British base.
Why do you think her citizenship was turned down?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/windrush-raf-caribbean-home-office-uk-b1881035.html

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Tsai Ing-Wen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here